11

Steve made some hot chocolate for James, he sits down next James and feeds him the drink.

Rosie looks at them. "I guess you two are fine again?" she asks, looking at James to check.

"Stay..." James says as responding.

"But I have to go back to Mikey..." Rosie sighs.

"James..." Steve starts. "Why won't you trust me...?"

"Because you make me eat..." James replies quietly.

Steve feels heartbrokwn. "I try to safe you..." he says, standing up. "I need some time alone..."

"Steve.. stay." James says, feeling alarmed.

Steve walks away.

"Go after him.." James says to Rosie.

"Maybe he needs to think." Rosie says.

"He'll damage himself or ultimate crash." James replies worriedly.

Rosie nods and gets up, she goes after Steve and grabs his arm as he sees him going up the stairs.

Steve turns around and looks in her begging eyes.

"Just leave me alone.. please..." Steve says.

"You helped me. Now I help you. Let's go outside." She says.

Steve looks surprised and nods, accepting it.

Rosie takes his hand carefully and takes him in the garden, it's cold outside. Steve blows out some oxygen and sees a white 'smoke' appear in the air. He smiles a bit. Distracting his brain.

Rosie looks in his blue eyes.

"What hurt you?" she asks.

"James." Steve says.

Rosie nods. "More details?"

Steve nods, sticking his hands in his pockets. "I try to help James, he really struggles with food and everything because of the shit that happened but it caused him to hate me... or at least, he's scared of me and doesn't trust me anymore just because I try to help him." Steve sighs.

Rosie shakes her head. "He's grateful, really. Just scared as well."

Steve nods. "Thanks, shall we get back inside, it's cold here." James says.

"Could be colder." Rosie says as she walks to the door.

"True." Steve sighs.

"Mum sometimes kicks Mikey outside and makes him sleep all night in the rain..." Rosie tella.

Steve's heart breaks by hearing that. "That's horrible."

"When mum goes to bed Ella or me would get him something warm to wear or get him a blanket or anything to stay dry, he really can't go inside on nights like this." Rosie tells.

"But what avout yoyr father?" Steve asks.

"Prison." Rosie asks.

"For what?" Steve asks.

"serial kill and drugs." Rosie explains.

"Name? Maybe I know him." Steve asks.

"Spencer, but he probably goes by as Spike."

"Know him." Steve says instantly.

Rosie looks at him. "Is he doing alright?"

"Leader of the most terrifying gang in prison. So he definitive is." Steve replies, opening the door and letting her inside.

They go to the livingroom and see James fallen asleep.

Steve looks at Rosie "I can handle it here, you can go home, and if you ever need me or James, well... for coming while me, just call or come, okay?" Steve says caring.

Rosie nods. "Thanks Steve. You're really kind." She says, giving him a smile. "Take care. Bye." She goes home.