Chapter 5

~ Laura's POV ~

It was finally Friday and me and Ross were finally hanging out today. He has been practicing all week and then after hanging out with Kira. I am still kinda annoyed he is hanging out with her and not me. I looked through my closet figuring out what to wear. I finally decided on a plain white t-shirt, ripped blue jeans, a black beanie and my black converse. I curled my hair and put on a little makeup. I walked downstairs, grabbed my backpack, phone, wallet and my keys. "Vanessa lets go!" I yelled. "Who's taking Ross to school?" she asked. I huffed and told her Riker was NOT taking him. She then walked downstairs in a plain white shirt that went down to her elbows, some black comfy pants and some uggs. She had her hair up. "Ready?" I asked. She nodded and we left.

I walked to my locker and my phone went off. Vanessa had texted me saying I had to go over to my 5 year old cousin's house after school. I sighed and opened my locker. Ross was next to me seconds later, "What's wrong?" I pulled out the books I need for my first few classes and said, "We have to hang out at my little cousin's house, sorry" He laughed and smiled. I raised my eyebrow, "I don't mind hanging out with you at your cousins house. What's her name?" "Her name is Jesslyn, I named her" I said smiling. He smiled back at me. As we walked to class, Ross put his arm around me shoulder.

- LATER THAT DAY -

Ross and I walked up the front steps of my cousin's house. I knocked on the door and my Aunt Sarah answered. "Laura, I see you brought Ross. It nice to see you again Ross" my aunt said hugging us both. "Nice to see you too Sarah" he said. She quickly gathered her things and we went in. "Jess is in her room asleep" she said before she shut the door. Ross and I decided to watch a movie while Jesslyn was still asleep. I popped some popcorn and Ross found us a movie. "A horror movie? Really?" I asked as I walked into the living room with our popcorn and some drinks. "Yea, if it gets to scary we'll turn it off" he said putting the DVD in. I nodded sitting on the couch. He sat beside me and put his arm around my shoulder. We were eating our popcorn, really into the movie when something happened that made me jump, the popcorn flying out of the bowl getting on me and Ross. We laughed and picked up all the popcorn. Right as the movie ended, we heard tiny footsteps coming down the steps. We turned around and saw my cousin.

"Laura?" I heard her say. I stood up and walked over to her. I picked her up, "Yup its me and Ross is here too" I said as Ross walked up to us. Jesslyn's little eyes widen at the sight of Ross she loved him. "Ross!" she squeaked. I gave her to him and watched them laugh and talk. I smiled at the sight I saw. "Ooh! Laura?" Jess asked turning to me, "Do we have Frozen?" she asked. I walked over to where the DVDs were and looked through them. "Yep, wanna watch it?" I asked showing it to her. She nodded and Ross set her down. She ran over to me and put the DVD in. "I'll go make some popcorn" Ross said as the movie began.

~ Ross' POV ~

Once I popped some more popcorn and made more drinks, I walked into the living room and smiled at the sight I saw. It was Laura and Jesslyn, singing and dancing along to 'For The First Time In Forever' Laura noticed me watching them and smiled nervously, I smiled back shaking my head playfully. I walked over to the couch and sat the popcorn and drinks on the table. I joined the girls, I sang and danced. When 'Love Is An Open Door' came on, Jess made me and Laura dance together like at a prom or whatever. I looked at Laura, she looked nervous. I smiled at her and took her hand. We got positioned the way Jess wanted us to be, my arms around Laura's waist, Laura's arm around my neck. We started dancing and Laura spoke up, "Sorry my cousin can be a bit demanding" I laughed, "I know, I've known her the whole time she's been alive" Laura giggled and nodded, "We should hang out tomorrow since this isn't what we had in mind" she said. "I don't mind being here, I think we should come here more often" I said. Laura raised an eyebrow and I just smirked. We finished dancing and relaxed on the couch watching Frozen.

~ Laura's POV ~

Once Frozen was finished Jess played with her dolls while me and Ross cleaned up the living room and kitchen. As I was putting the DVDs back up, Ross spoke up, "Hey, when Sarah gets back we will drive to your house, you will leave your car there and come with me" I stood up, raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "Who said I wanted to hang out with you?" I asked playfully, he just rolled his eyes playfully and smiled. Once I finished the living room, Ross was almost done cleaning the kitchen. I plopped down on the couch and relaxed. Jess got on the couch beside me and asked me something, "Are you and Ross dating?" I giggled a little and shook my head no. "Why? You two are good for each other" I smiled and said, "For now, we are just friends but who knows, maybe in the future we might be dating" She smiled real big and got off the couch, giggling. I smiled at the sight. Just then I heard the door open. I walked to the kitchen and saw my aunt putting bags up. "Laura, Ross thank you so much for taking care of Jess!" she said. I smiled and walked over to Ross and Jess, "Anytime, we can come over any time you need us" Aunt Sarah smiled, "Can yall come over Tuesday after school?" I looked at Ross who was looking at me, "Well I have basketball practice but I can come when its over" Ross said, "And I will come right after school" I said. Aunt Sarah smiled and nodded. Me and Ross left her house and headed to my house.