Chapter 6

~ Laura's POV ~

I woke up early on Tuesday morning. I was woken up by a loud clap of thunder and then it wouldn't stop raining so I've been up since 5:20AM. I looked at my alarm clock, 6:45AM. I decided to go ahead and get ready. I got up and took a 5 minute shower. When I got out I put on my clothes for the day, a light blue dress with a little belt, a denim jacket cover up and my white converse. I then brushed my teeth and brushed my hair, I then curled my hair. I applied a little makeup and was ready for school. I looked on my clock and read the time 7:04AM. 'We can leave in about ten minutes' I thought. I jumped on my bed and played on my phone till time to go. I got my phone, wallet, keys and backpack and headed off to school.

I pulled into the driveway of my aunt's house. Nothing happened at school today same as any old day. Ross was coming to my aunt's house after basketball practice. I got out of my car and walked up the steps to the front door. I knocked on the door and my aunt opened it. "Laura! You're here! Ross is coming after practice right?" she asked. I nodded. She smiled and let me in. I walked in and saw Jess sitting on the couch playing with some dolls. I walked over to her and messed up her hair. She looked up and giggled, "Laura!" I smiled and sat beside her. "I will be back in about 3 to 4 hours" my aunt said. I nodded and played with Jess for a few. "Where's Ross?" Jess asked. "Basketball practice" I replied. She looked up at me, "When will he be here?" I shrugged, "Maybe an hour, I'll text him" I got out my phone and texted Ross asking when he would be here. "He says he will be here in an hour and a half" I said. She nodded and kept playing with her dolls.

- HOUR AND A HALF LATER -

I was sitting on the couch watching American Idol, when I heard footsteps running down the stairs. I turned back and saw Jesslyn walking towards me. "Where is he?" she asked. I raised an eyebrow, "Who?" She came and sat beside me, "Ross" I shrugged and got my phone. I texted Ross asking where he was. No response. I tried asking Kira, no response. "I don't know, he might be running late don't worry, want to order pizza?" I asked. Her eyes widened and I giggled. "I take that as a yes?" I asked. She nodded and I dialed the phone number of a nearby pizza place. The pizza arrived 20 minutes later and I made Jess a slice of pizza. "I want two pieces of pizza" she said pouting. I giggled and said, "If you eat this slice, I'll give you another slice" She pouted some more and I just giggled. I soon got her two slices of pizza and she was happy.

I got a text from my aunt saying she would be home in 30 minutes, and Ross still hasn't shown up. I was frustrated and Jess was sad. "But I wanted to play with him" she wined. I sighed, "I know, I will talk to him tomorrow" Just then I heard knocking at the door. I went over to the door and opened it. Ross was standing there. "Where have you been?" I asked. He rolled his eyes, walked right past me. "Um I was talking to you" I said. "Look can we talk about this later?" he asked annoyed. I got in front of him, "No we cant!" I yelled. He grabbed my wrist and took me into the kitchen. "What ever happened to 'I'll be over after practice'? I asked annoyed. "Just shut your mouth! I was late" he yelled. "My aunt will be home in 30 minutes" I said. "Ross? Laura?" I heard a small voice say. We looked over to the door to the kitchen and saw Jess. "Jess" I said walking over to her, "Time for bed" She nodded,, and I picked her up. "Night Ross" she said. "Night" Ross said sighing.

I walked upstairs, Jess in my arms, and walked into her bedroom. "You need help with your pajamas?" I asked setting Jess down. "Nope, I can do it all by myself" she said. I nodded and walked out of her room and let her change. When she was finished, I walked back in her room. I got her in bed and before I left she said something, "Are you and Ross gonna stop fighting?" I sighed and went and sat on her bed. "I don't know, but we will soon don't worry" She nodded and I smiled and kissed her forehead. I walked back downstairs and saw Ross on the couch. I walked over to him, "Explain why your late" I said. He rolled his eyes, "Fine you wanna know why I was late?" he asked standing up. I nodded annoyed and he said, "I was out with Kira!" I raised my eyebrow, "Kira?!" I asked annoyed yet surprised. He nodded. "Why are you hanging out with her so much and not me?" I asked. "Cause shes my girlfriend and your just-" I cut him off, "I'm just what Ross? A stupid girl who annoys you? A girl who you've been lying to basically all your life?" He didn't say anything, just sat back down on the couch. I huffed and walked into the kitchen and made me a glass of Coke. I sat on one of the chairs and drunk my drink till my aunt was finally home.