Chapter Twelve

Hamad had been in meetings upon meetings concerning the latest contract since Saturday. But Saturday isn't a workday right? His division just couldn't afford to lose this multi billion naira project. His division was the most busiest in the company; the agro economic division, because it consisted of both agricultural and economical sectors which were the priority of the nation being under the Buhari administration. You'll be surprised to know that he's just serving and has this much work resting on his shoulders.

Today was Tuesday and a news of relief just reached Hamad; the head of the division died in the early hours of the morning. Implying that they were going to take the day off to mourn in his honor. Finally! He could just take hours out of the world to relax.

But that was not the case when he reached his home, especially when he entered his room.

Crouching in the front of his mini fridge was his target, Sarah.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! How perfect.

The last time he had an opportunity, an emergency office call interrupted him and he reluctantly had to let go. But now, he was sure to put his damn phone on silent.

************

Sarah had never been more grateful. Yusra and Fa'iza were just the best. They had urged her to rest for some days after the second incident with Hamad so her lips could recover. So Sunday, yesterday Monday, she had practically been looking at the ceiling in her room from dawn to dusk. They had urged her to stay today too, but she was having this nagging feeling that she was cheating Munirah, so she talked them into letting her. They cleaned in her place yesterday and on Sunday.

Today, before she entered the dreaded main building, she double checked it to make sure the idiot wasn't there. After confirming that he had gone out this morning from the chief gateman, she proceeded to clean and after that, she went to stock the mini fridges in Sa'ad's and his  room. The last time she was in his room was on Thursday. Now as she was there again, the familiar scent of it didn't fail to make her feel nauseous as always. All she wished to do was to finish whatever she was to do there and run away.

But the reality was far from her wish.

On hearing footsteps from behind, she looked slightly in its direction. When she saw a polished leather shoe, she swiftly shut the formerly opened fridge, rose up and grabbed the now empty tray and hurried past Hamad, towards the door. She didn't want to wonder why he was home at this hour, she just wanted to disappear without getting abused again.

But that was wishful thinking.

Hamad caught her roughly by the arm, which caused her to drop the tray which landed in pieces on the tiled floor. She furiously jerked herself away from his grip and set for the door, when he grabbed her by her khimar, which caused it to tear, and pushed her on his bed.

By now, her head and neck were already exposed. The rest of her body was covered by an abaya.

She was breathing heavily, and he was smirking victoriously. He shut the door behind him with a thud and took slow menacing steps towards her.

Sarah didn't stop there, she was determined to get away by all means. She stood up again and started to run towards the door, but he pushed her violently on the bed and got on top of her. That still didn't stop her, she was determined to not let this happen. She didn't deserve it in any way.

He removed his blazer and threw it behind him.

"Let go of me!" She yelled as she struggled with all her might to get up with him on top of her. She got up, but he quickly pushed her back, causing her head to bang on the hard mattress. She yowled in pain.

"Let go of me!" She continuously cried but was silenced as he pinned her hands on top of her head and crashed his lips to hers. She still didn't give up. She continued to struggle, despite it worsening the pain she already felt.

But she gave up when he ran his hand under her abaya, up her thigh.

All she felt after that was pain after pain. She cried, she sobbed. It was as if no one heard her. She was powerless compared to him. She was hopeless. He was destroying her life.

***********

After God knows how long, he satisfactorily got off her and rolled to his side, falling into a deep sleep.

But Sarah on the other hand, was far from satisfied. She was in great pain, bloodied and bruised. The experience was very displeasing for her.

Why did he just have to destroy her life?

Gathering the little strength she had left, she painfully staggered back to the quarters. The first thing she had to do was to collect a sample of the semen that was left in case she wanted to report the case which she highly doubted she will. Lucky for her, no one was in her way. That was until she got to the kitchen in the quarters to retrieve a container. She met the last person she needed to see.

Huda.

She shot her eyes deeply out of pain, resisting the urge to just collapse. Why did Huda have to be here, that too at this moment? The tension in the kitchen was high as she stepped in staggering her way towards the long refrigerator which had the toothpick container on top.

Huda stood in the way, eyeing her rudely despite her situation. Its not like she had any idea what happened to her or how much pain she was in. Huda's attitude was not what bothered Sarah at that moment, it was getting the container. She made her way towards the fridge, and when Huda didn't step aside, she pushed her which caused her to stagger to the side.

Sarah reached for the container from the refrigerator's top, opened it and spilled its contents carelessly. She then made her way for her and Yusra's room. She opened the door, leaning heavily against it, trying to regain some strength. No doubt she was in great pain. But she had to do this.

She staggered into the room, towards her wardrobe to retrieve a new set of clothing and staggered into the bathroom, where she took the sample and cleaned herself up, all this while ignoring the shocked broken looks Yusra shot her.

Yusra on the other hand, had been utterly shocked on seeing Sarah. She had formerly been standing in front of the mirror, applying the makeup which Hamdah had gifted her during her visit. What could have happened to her? She was perfectly okay except for the healing scars on her lips an hour and half ago when she left for the main building! She stood there in shock for a good 30 seconds before she went to call Fa'iza from her room.

"Fa'iza! Fa'iza!" She yelled as she opened the door. Fa'iza jerked up from her bed when she heard Yusra's yells.

"What?" She asked, her herself panicking.

Yusra had a very scared expression on. She struggled to speak. She pointed towards the direction of the room she and Sarah shared. "S-Sa-Sarah." She breathed heavily as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Utterly confused, Fa'iza asked. "What's up with her? What happened?"

"Sh-she was staggering into our room a while back, bloodied and bruised." She managed to reply.

"What?!" Fa'iza screeched. She quickly retrieved her khimar from where it was hung on her wardrobe, and dashed off towards their room, with Yusra towing behind.