Chapter Nineteen

Hamad had started to rethink his actions. He had done that only a very few times, when they were serious. And this was far from serious. Was he that foolish to let peer influence get to him? He had done crazy things many times, stupid foolish things. But this?

How did he even resolve to do it? Because of his friends? Why didn't he stop himself? This was a very big sin when talking about religion, and a crime when talking about the law.

Whatever he had done in the past, if added together, could never amount to this.

How many lives had he affected? His father wasn't himself anymore, his mother was loosing her mentality, and last but not the least, his victim. He didn't even know what she would be facing right now. How disgusting must have his act been?

Why didn't he think it over? All he was focused on was achieving his pointless aim. Because of his stupid ego. Because of the misleading people he called friends. And they still had the guts to invite him for another get together?

He was confused. At the moment, he didn't know what to do. But what he was sure of was that, he couldn't face his parents.

**********

It took five days before Sa'ad got to terms with the issue.

Five good days.

He hasn't been himself. He would go to work, attend meetings, get updates, but his mind was never completely there. He had been debating what to do with Hamad. He couldn't just let him go. Sarah was human and she deserved justice.

He decided that he had to reach a decision and focus on his work, because his actions were key in the nation as he was the finance minister. He had to serve the country to his best abilities.

And those days for Munirah? They could very well count as the worst days in her life. Sa'ad will not spare her a glance. He always had frown lines on his face. He couldn't concentrate on what he was doing.

He was very angry at her.

Those days were critical for her. She couldn't eat properly or even sleep. She would just sit, think and cry. Her mental health was deteriorating. She wasn't there as a motherly figure for Sarah anymore. She had left Umm Hakeem all by herself.

She was broken from her train of thoughts as she heard the blaring sound of Sa'ad's convoy enter the compound. He wasn't home yesterday, and she didn't expect him to come back today.

She looked down at the tray of food sitting in front of her on the bed. Tears started to blur her vision again. Crying was no use, and she knew this.

Sa'ad entered the room and she still didn't lift her head. He noticed her, but chose to ignore her amidst guilt, again. He wasn't angry at her anymore. What happened was destiny.

He walked to his side of the room, guilt still disturbing him. 'I should look at her, I should talk to her.' He thought. He managed to get his shoes and wristwatch off, and then he couldn't stop himself again.

He looked at her.

She looked distraught and disheveled.

His heart fell down.

He walked up to her side of the bed and sat beside her. He raised her head fully. He was so shocked to see her for she looked like a ghost, but that was nothing compared to the problem on ground. He pushed the food tray forward.

"Munirah?" He called.

She turned to look at him with bloodshot eyes.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.