[Arc 1] A Cause

SHORT CHAPTER (;-;)

Chapter  16:
Miyuki Suzanno, A royal knight.

"Zen! Slow down!"

"No! They might run out soon!"

The young prince hurried, dragging me along with him. We're scurried towards a once rundown bakery Izana and I go to when we were kids, which was now into an elegant royal bakery, known for it's cheap yet satisfying products.

Today, I offered the younger prince to sneak out to the palace along with his two aides; Mitsuhide and Kiki. We were all wearing a commoners clothing to cease any attention from the citizens, seeing that I am a responsible teen at age of 19, I decided to sneak the 15 year old prince out as an apology for not training him in swordmanship.

I also gave few pointers only to Zen some spots to escape the palace, even Izana does not knows some place for escapes are.

Walking around, talking and eating was quite an enjoyable company their group is. I giggled amd laughed with them as they enjoyed their day outside of Clarines.

Right now our group is resting at a bench, with some sort of food in our hand as a snack. Zen decided to look around, while Kiki had use the ladies washroom.

"Hey Miyuki-nee." Mitsuhide calls me as we were the only one left for now.

"What is it? I can feel that your dying to ask me" my smile slowly faded but my aura is still nuetral.

"... was it scary?" Mitsuhide asks, his expression looks grim "the coup d'état? Being separated from Clarines? and for losing your life?"

"Well, yes everything you ask me is a scary thing" I smiled at Mitsuhide and my gaze went up to the bright blue sky "but I'm not scared of losing my life, I mean we all die eventually"

There was silence between us, thinking carefully what I need to say to Mitsuhide.

"There are some things that are beyond my control." I told Mitsuhide "and there are things that I reckon to make choices, even if it meant that I'll come to hate."

"You're so cool, Miyuki-nee!" He looks me with admiration "I wish I could be strong as you!"

"I'm not strong, I could barely get my life together" I whisper my last words, I flicked the teen's forehead "also I just hope they give up on chasing me."

"What?" Mitsuhide asks

"Nothing, I'm thinking of going back to castles." I waved my hands in seeing Zen amd Kiki coming closer.

"Lets go home!"

_________
•◇•◇•◇•
_________

The four of us walks around the garden, when Zen was called for a sudden lesson. Which Kiki amd Mitsuhide had to come with the younger prince, leaving me all alone.

The garden was utmostly quiet, which I decided to take a stroll. I passed by a maze, where I used to get lost when I was a child. It always had secret passages that took me years of memorizing each way, the only worth about entering the maze is when you've reached it's heart, where a gazebo lies ahead. Not a lot of people enter the maze since they get lost so it's pretty quiet and peaceful.

I enter the maze which I had to take several turns and at least 15 minutes of walking to arrive at the heart of the maze.

It looks exactly like what I remember,  but I saw Izana dozing inside the gazebo. I decided to sit beside him, as I look up at tue weather.

"..."

"..."

The soft hums of leaves dances together with the wind, while birds sings their songs. It was absolutely relaxing, as if all problems and worries cease to exist.

"Izana... I think, I'm in love with you" I confessed to the crown prince who is in deep slumber "but, I'm sure that your heart belongs to Lady Haki."

I looked at Izana with a soft smile, knowing that my words will be nonexistent to him since he's asleep.

"I already can tell that there is no place for me in your heart, and you don't need me anymore" I breathed deeply, as if I'm releasing a heavy burden in my heart "and there are people after me, I don't want you to be involve. You already have a lot of problems, and I'll only be a burden at this point."

I touched Izana's cheeks softly, carefully not to wake him up.

"Let me be selfish just this once..."

Each second passed, the distance in our faces got closer.

"After this, I won't ask for anything."

I laughed at the thought of being selfish. How ironic. But nevertheless, I moved in closer. I closed my eyes, until our lips softly meet each other. A bittersweet flavour of coffee. A perfect taste for my first kiss, nothing but a one-sided, bittersweet first love.

Our kiss felt like time had stop, it was only a second yet it felt like an eternity. I pulled away, to see the prince is still in deep sleep. I gave him a faint pained smile, confessing my feelings to him once more. Knowing that it will never be reciprocated.

"I love you, Izana"

-----------------
HEEYOO!
NEKU HERE!

I dunno, did I make it too bittersweet?

Anyways,

Don't forget to :

VOTE!

COMMENT!

AND

ENJOY!

- Neku -