[Arc 1] Masquerade

Chapter 13:
Miyuki Suzanno, The dead girl.

"Did I ever said I fucking hate you!"

"No, but your angry because you can't complain the dress I picked, it gorgeous on you"

"That too, but, I still fuckin' hate you! I'm sure you're aware that I try to avoid the Royal Family like a plague."

"Aw, I love you too! As my sis"

I grunted at Renhart, as we enterIzana's castle was built faster than expected. There were some rumours about him being corrupted and manipulates it's people but I did not believe those crap.

They were all just lies to make him look bad.

Nearing at the entrance of the ballroom, everyone was wearing their own masks, hiding their identities to one another. Of course that applies to me and Renhart as well, the two of us link our arms and walks down the stairs. Soon the two of us started to interact with different people, some of them I was able to recognize. Especially the King, queen, Zen and Mitsuhide.

The crowd slowly stopped talking and paid attention to the host, which was Izana himself started talking. He finally released the information about the Lords of the Sui and Lido's territory about their wrongdoings and claim the two land under his care. Everyone was surprised at Izana's bold movement, but then started cheering at him. As everyone in the room saw a glimpse of his rule.

He is going to be fair.

I smiled at the event as he even use the evidence I gave to him, everyone's cheer and clapping slowly dies out and Izana announces to resume to what they were doing. I watch noble girls swarm around him like flies, attempting to seduce the crown prince to which they all fail. I felt my heart tightened and my hand involuntarily formed a fist.

"Someone's jealous" I looked at the owner's voice to see Renhart. He had a smirk on his face.

"No, I'm not" I denied the red-haired, crossings my arms.

"And in denial too!" He teased, raising his brow as if it was amusing to watch me "admit it, you like the prince!"

"There's no point of telling him that when our friendship is at stake" I sighed, it was no use when it comes to lying at Renhart, he was able to read me like an open book.

"But your friendship is already broken the moment you died!" He joked, but there were a bit of reality  in it "so if you confess to him now and rejects you still have a life in the village, if he does agrees your confession then I'll be happy to serve you as my queen"

"Ren, that's not something you should joke around" I smacked his head, his jokes can go a bit too far "I don't wish to become a queen, I only want for him to rule with pride, to support and stand next to him when that happens"

"Wouldn't that technically be you'd be his wife for that to happen?" He challenges me, a smug smirk appearing in his face.

"Wha!? NO! What I mean is-"

"Ladies and gentlemen, sorry for the interruption but we are now going to start the night's dance!" Izana announced, cutting me from my words.

"Well, whatever you say~" I wasnt able to defend myself as I watched Renhart leave me from this huge ballroom filled with royals and nobles.