Job at the joint

Aubrey POV:

I woke up to the blare of my phone alarm the next morning. I got out of bed, turned it off, and got dressed for work. Jeans, black converse, arctic monkeys tshirt, and an oversized sweater to cover up my scars. I don't cut as much anymore but used to a lot. I still do it sometimes when I'm just feeling really awful, which has been a lot lately. I put my long ginger hair in a high ponytail and headed off to work.

As I walked in sure enough the boy was there again ready to order. The manager, Lisa, gave me waitress apron and order notepad. I went to go take the boys order.

"Welcome to the joint have you decided what to order?" I asked him.

"French toast with a side of plain pizza." He said with a smile. Same order as last time, strange boy he was.

~~~~~~~~~~

After my shift was over I drove home. I noticed Zach laying in his yard staring into the sky.

"Hey Aubrey. Come sit with me." He spoke.

I walked over and laid next to him.

"How did you hear me." I asked.

"I used to get beat up by the other kids at school. I learned to keep an extra ear out for people. Not that you would understand, I'm sure someone as pretty as you had lots of friends." He confessed.

"The word friend means nothing to me, I had none." I told him.

"Maybe were more alike than I thought." He said.

"I don't know, I'm pretty fucked up." I said.

"We're all a little fucked up sometimes, but that's just life." He answered.

I pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

"Smoking is bad for you ya know." He said as he pulled out a cigarette.

"I thought smoking was bad for you?" I asked.

"I know, but the thing is I don't care anymore." He replied.

We kind of just sat there sitting silently admiring the clouds for a while and watching the birds fly by. They were beautiful, if I could be anything it would be a bird. I would take my little wings and fly far, far away from this place.

"Well I better get going." I said and got up.

"See you around." He said.

I hope so, this boy was certainly something. I liked him, which was odd because I usually never liked anyone but there was something about this boy that was different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: I hope you enjoyed! Make sure to give feedback and vote if you liked.