Chapter 1: Looking for Lollipops

Disclaimer: The TV series "LazyTown" was created Magnús Scheving and is owned by Turner Broadcasting System. This work of fanfiction is solely for entertainment purposes. I do not own the characters depicted in this story, nor do I gain any profit from using them.

--------

Deep, deep beneath LazyTown the echoing cackles of resident villain Robbie Rotten filled his lair. He danced around a churning and chugging machine as he twisted knobs and punched buttons. At last with a final clang the contraption expelled an enormous slice of cake. Robbie held up the plate with a triumphant chuckle as he admired his dish. He took a big scoop out with his fork and swallowed the mouthful whole. The sugar made his shoulders roll back with the delicious sensation.

"Mm-hmm!" he deemed this slice a success. Nothing like a sweet and chewy, frosted gooey dessert for breakfast!

But there would be no peaceful meal for Robbie Rotten. Just as he opened his mouth to take another bite the large rusted speakers hanging from his ceiling dropped down with a clatter and blared out with a child's shouts and screams. So sudden and loud was the interruption that Robbie gave a shout of his own and threw up his hands to send his cake flying. He growled and straightened up stiffly.

"Now what is it?" He stomped across the room and up the ramp to the control center of his lair. "Well, let's take a peek." He pulled down his periscope and peered into the lens. The view came into focus and gave the villain a look at the town sitting over his head. He spun the viewer around, darting through glimpses of the town square, the garden, the sports field. Quickly he found the source of the commotion.

One of those noisy kids had managed to get himself up the tree again. It was the smallest one with the round head, what was his name? Zagget, Wiggy, Ziggle? Candy-Boy was up there with a big lollipop in one hand and the tree branch in the other and it looked like he was going to fall off at any moment. The grating shrieks of laughter were quick becoming more frightful cries and calls for help. Robbie turned away from the periscope a little less annoyed.

"Well, this isn't so bad," he said. Another loud shriek from the boy made Robbie jump in place and he frowned again. "But can't he fall more quietly?"

If anything the kid seemed to be getting louder. Shouldn't LazyTown's annoying sporty hero, Sportacus, be coming any moment to shut the kid up and save him? Was the kid not in enough trouble yet to warrant the blue elf making an appearance?

It was too early in the morning for all this yelling. Robbie couldn't take anymore of it. Heaving a sigh he decided then and there to leave the lair and see that this got over with one way or another.

--------

"HE-E-E-LP!" Ziggy yelled out as long and hard as he could. Getting his lollipop stuck up on the branch had been a bad idea, but trying to climb up and get it had been an even badder one. Now the little kid's grip on the branch was starting to slip and it was a long way down.

"Must you be so loud when people are trying to have their breakfast!" Robbie Rotten shouted as he stormed across the grounds to stand under Ziggy's branch. "Hurry up and let go already so I can get some peace, and a new piece of my cake!"

A swooshing sound overhead pricked Robbie's ear and he looked away from the tree with an aggravated groan. There at last was Sportacus coming down from his airship, pedaling furiously fast on his sky-chaser. First this kid interrupts Robbie's morning, and now he can't even enjoy seeing the brat fall down?

"Ziggy, hold on!" Sportacus called out as he swooped through the sky. As hard as Sportacus pedaled however it was not fast enough. Ziggy's fingers slipped off the branch one by one until with a final cry the child plummeted down towards the earth!