The boy who lost her

(MADE UP NAMES AND AGES FOR THE CHARACTERS. ALSO DISCLAIMER: THE FIRST PART OF THIS ISN'T MY DREAM, I JUST KNOW ALL THIS INFO CAUSE I KNOW THESE PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE SO YEA AND I ALSO JUST KNEW, HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED TO YOU WHERE YOU JUST KNOW THE BACKGROUND INFO IN A DREAM EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT INRL)

Sherman had entered the car excited to go on vacation with her semi-best friend, Kelsey. Sherman had known Kelsey practically her whole life since Kelsey is older than her and was there for her birth. Kelsey's age of 17 really took a toll on their friendship since they were in different stages of life. They were completely different— Kelsey was apart of the popular group in her school, while Sherman, who's 15 liked to stay in the average group. Even though it was only a two-year difference, it affected their friendship in certain ways, which is why Sherman considered them to be semi-best friends. But their single mothers were life long friends, forcing the 6 children to become close.

Though Kelsey's family did live in a different state than Sherman's, their mothers managed to stay just as close. Sherman had woken up after a little nap in the car only to open her eyes up to the vacation house. They had just pulled up into the driveway and her eyes roamed across the huge house they were going to be staying in.

Along with Sherman's little family of four— her two older brothers and mom— her aunt and cousin decided to tag along too. They all stepped out of the car, grabbing their luggage from the trunk. Sherman couldn't hide her excitement as she was practically shaking while hastily running up the steps to get to the porch of the house.

Kelsey's mom unlocked and opened the door and Sherman ran in before anyone else could. She dropped her stuff on the floor, quickly running up the stairs to analyze the rooms. After looking in a couple, she finally found her claimed room.

The walls were light blue, which complimented the white covers on the master bed. There was a bay window that opened up and led to a tiny porch overlooking the beach.

"CLAIMED," Sherman yelled out, making sure her brothers heard.

After getting her bags from downstairs, she unpacked, placing her clothes neatly into the drawers. When she finished, she flopped onto her bed and smiled in contempt.

"Sherman!" Her mother yelled from downstairs.

"Yes?"

When her mother did not reply, Sherman sighed while getting up and heading downstairs.

"You calle-" She didn't even finish her sentence before letting out a squeal of excitement.

"Jaden!" She said in a high pitched voice and quickly tackled him in a hug.

"Woah there princess, I know I'm irresistible but there's no need to tackle me," He playfully told her.

She grinned at him, "Oh shush."

Jaden was Sherman's best friend and she hoped that soon it'd become more than that. They both liked each other, they knew it too, they even acted like a couple, but neither one of them had the courage to ask the other out.

"Well no offense or anything, but why are you here?" Sherman questioned.

"Well, your mom knew I wasn't doing anything for this week of the summer so she asked me to join as a surprise for you," he answered.

"You're the best," she smiled, looking up at him since he was a 6'2 giant and she only stood at 5'3.

"Hey, tell that to your mom, she's the one who offered," he stated.

Rolling her eyes, she smiled at her mom, showing her gratitude and appreciation and mouthed a 'thank you'.

A couple hours of non-stop talking had passed and it was now at the tiring hour of 1 am. Neither one of them wanted to go to sleep, afraid this vacation was a dream. But finally, their eyes had closed while watching, The Maze Runner, and they soon fell asleep cuddled up in each other's arms.