CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

"Haley? I thought you had the week off?" Dr Bowers said as she passed him.

"Oh yeah... I..."

"You need something?"

"No..." She had no idea what to do. "Um, maybe..." His interest peaked. He had asked her out that many times and she had rejected him every single time. "I need a favour."

"Yeah?" Oh god.

"Look, it's confidential... If you can help me out, no questions..."

"What is it? What do you need?"

"Really strong pain killers... Morphine... Something strong... Antibiotics..."

"You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, it's not for me. Look, I... I wanted to come to you first... I just need them."

"Can you tell me what for?"

"I... Somebody is in a lot of pain and refused to come to the hospital. I just want to ease their pain..."

"Haley... You are asking for a lot."

"I know..."

"Why can't they go to see a doctor?"

"Um... I can't tell you."

"Should we call the police?" Oh god.

"Harry no... I mean Doctor Bowers..."

"I..."

"Are you in trouble Haley?"

"No... Look, can you help me out or not?" She sort of snapped. She was frustrated that she was going to fuck this all up. Harry squinted his eyes at her.

"Okay, I'll do this for you, this one time..." She had never felt so relieved in all her life. She did want to help Ace, he looked like he was suffering. "But on one condition..." Here it was. "You have dinner with me tonight."

"Um... Okay... Okay thank you."

And it was done. Haley hurried back to her car. Cedrick locked the door as soon as she was in. He drove on until he reached her place. How the hell did he know where she lived? Then it dawned on her, they had her bag and all her information from the licence.

He followed her to the door of her little home. Cedrick unlocked the door as he had her keys and walked in. "Did you have any trouble?" He asked taking seat.

"No... It's okay."

"So how did you manage?"

"Does it matter? I have what you want." Just leave already.

"See I am a very suspicious man by nature, I find it hard to believe you got the drugs as easy as you did."

"It wasn't easy... I... I know this doctor and he... He said he'd help me out."

"Just like that? I mean just yesterday you told me it was not that easy..."

"He has been trying to get me to date him... I agreed to go on one date with him." Haley felt her face heat up. "Look, this will help Ace out. Make sure he eats before he takes them. Keep an eye on his heart rate. I would recommend you buy a blood pressure machine to make sure he's okay."

Cedrick eyed her out. His blue eyes seeming extremely dark suddenly. "If I find out you have said a word of this to anybody, anybody at all, I will slit your throat. I don't fuck around, you fuck with me, I'll fuck with your right back."