The Queen is Free

Bella POV

Niklaus stands there, in shock. "It cannot be over. It just can't." He whispers, walking slowly towards me. "It is over. You have hurt both me and Adaline so freaking much. You were late to her funeral, you didn't even cry, and you forgot about her!"  I scream at him.

"I didn't want to remember Adaline! I was so fucking heart broken from the loss of her that I wanted children to satisfy myself and to forget about her. You were already a hybrid so we couldn't have anymore." He sighs, realizing what he has done. 

"It hurts a mother more, you know. It hurts a mother when something they grew inside them dies. It really hurts. Adaline was all I had while you went out doing whatever. Adaline kept me sane." I whisper, getting up and sitting on the couch.

"Bella, don't do this to us. Don't ruin us." He pleas. "You ruined it, Niklaus. I ruined nothing. I am doing what is best for my family. Do what is best for yours." with that, Nik turns towards the door, walking. "You and Adaline are my family." He says, facing back towards me.

"Adaline doesn't need a father who lies and destroyed her mother. A father figure will do just fine." I say, not being ashamed of what I said. With that, Niklaus leaves the house, running off towards the highway.

I rush to my phone and quickly call Stefan, wanted to know where my daughter is. He picks up immediately, like he was expecting the call. "Stefan, get back to the house." I snap, needed to hug my baby. "Of course." He responds, hanging up the phone.

I sit patiently on the couch, until I hear the old car pull in. I quickly run out the front door, ignoring Elijah and Finn passed out on the floor. Damon is no where in sight, but Adaline is the only thing on my mind. I see her in Stefan's arms, so I rush and take her from him, hugging her tightly.

"Mama, is he gone?" She asks, hugging me back. "Yes, baby. He is gone forever now. No more pain." I whisper in her ear, still hugging her. "Mama, what are we gonna do now?" she asks me, worry in her voice.

"We are going to stay with Uncle Stefan and Damon." I tell her, just holding her now. "I want to tell you a secret when we get into my room." She says, giggling. I look over at Stefan and he shrugs. "Damon came with us and he watched her while I went to the bathroom in the Mystic Grill." He says.

I move her head and put it in my neck. "Mama is going to run now, Adaline. Do not look up." I whisper, placing a hand on her head. "Okay." She mumbles.

I run up to her room, as fast as I can. I gently place her on her bed, sitting next to her. "Now, tell me your secret." I say, smiling down at my baby. "Mama, Damon like likes you." She says, giggling like crazy.

"And why do you think that, Adaline?" I ask, slightly blushing. "He told me! He said he has for a long time and now that you are free he wants to ask you out!" She says, looking behind me. I look behind me and see Damon, a bouquet of flowers in his hand. I get up and hug him tightly, accepting the white roses. "So, is that a yes to a date with me?" He asks, running a hand through his hair.

"It's a yes if we can drink." I say, laughing.

"When don't we drink?" He asks, chuckling.

"It's a yes, Damon."

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Hey guys!
PLOT TWIST!

Will Bella go for Damon or will someone else catch her eye?

Only time can tell!

I hope you enjoyed reading !

XOXO , 

Skyler <3

(638 words )