Basic Information and some backstory on this project

UPDATE 4/14/18: TOA is being added to a site called AOS. It is still free to read! It will also now be annotates as TS, not TOA, to differentiate it from the other half of TOA.

This is a two-to-four time weekly updating story, focusing on a group of kids/adults across multiple planets who must work together to restore an ancient star, currently in the form of a puzzle.

NOTE THAT DUE TO FEELING IT GOT OFF TO A ROUGH START, I AM REDOING PARTS 1-3 BEFORE STARTING THE STORY FOR GOOD IN LATE DECEMBER! Thank you for your patience!

The sections are short (under a thousand words). Each section for the most part will feature lines from a poem, that is literally being written as the story goes on. Each section at first will feature a different character, but I will be adding names/planets/locations to the parts at the top, so you know who to follow. After we really get to KNOW some of the people I'll introduce the races, and provide more information on those races that I can.

The story of the so-called "Traveler's Star" actually goes back to 2007-2010 and is definitely based off Eragon's "Isidar Mithrim", which was located in Trondheim if I remember correctly. For those unfamiliar with the book (Eragon, which is first book in Christopher Paolini's four book Inheritance Cycle), the Isidar Mithrim was a humongous ruby. SPOILER ALERT In book one, the stone is broken. It was restored in a later book. I have no doubt that the Traveler's Star was based directly off this, but this story itself bears no other significant ties to the Inheritance Cycle (though there IS a dragon character coming up at some point; her name is Lexli). The characters are completely unrelated and the ultimate plot may be to restore the stone... or not. We don't know yet. Perhaps there will be a reason why it isn't. Perhaps the comments will decide what actually happens.

A final note: This is considered part of the larger ToA universe, which I've been developing on and off for over a decade. You may or may not get to meet one or two of my favorite characters from ToA, particularly Azmin, who I'm rather fond of. In other words, if you grow attached to a character that doesn't die in Traveler's Star, there is a chance they will return in another story! All ToA-related items are marked ToA before their titles. I'm glad to finally get the chance to bring ToA to the public myself, before the launch of the related board game sometime in 2022!

Lastly, because a final note is never final, I read all comments and suggestions, and if I see a good idea I can run with I use it. You're going to love some of these characters and we're going to kill more than a few if it does head the direction I originally planned, but fear not because you can change that. (The guy in part three isn't going to die, sorry in advance. I'm rather attached.) Anyways, see y'all soon!

Please note that SOME PARTS WILL BE UPDATED OVER TIME. I'm a huge fan of redoing older sections to more "fit the vibe". This is one of those stories where re-reading is REQUIRED. I'll post here updates and dates.

Sondi P1-updated December 13th, 2017.