The Rain (END 2/3)

The snow began building up as the two got dressed for this cold and snowy morning. The sun has completely hidden behind the thick and grey cloud so the streets were plain and monotoned. The brick walls that were originally maroon are now white with powder and the people of the town when about their day, ignoring the fact that today might be the day that change some people's lives forever.

There were no words exchanged between Jimin and Taehyung as he made their way to the train station.

Jimin's cheeks blushed at the cold air and Taehyung's ear burned, but none of that mattered at that moment.

There was no need for words.

Both of them didn't need to tell each other to know.

They're coming back

-

Jungkook sat alone on the train home. He felt the weight of his duffle bag against his sore thighs as the train shook, he shifted but his legs told him no as they screamed in pain.

He blinked, his eyes hollow and empty. An open scar still remained on his cheek as the train shook, swaying him just a bit and his shoulder bumped into Baekhyun's.

The older soldier's hands were shaking and his face had no emotion, no more fear, no more sorrow...just a blank look, smeared with dried tears and the blood of his lover.

But Jungkook had no energy to calm down the other soldier.

His mind was filled with one thought.

Min Yoongi.

Jungkook regretted the moment he left his hyung out in the fields.

His heart felt ten times heavier than they were when he came and he slouched against the rock hard train seats.

So there he sat, watching the snow fall as his breath fogged up the already misty window. Then his breath suddenly caught in his throat as the thought of Jimin popped into his mind. His lips quivered, tears begged to come out but he knew he had to save those for Jimin. He smiled bitterly, sorting out his jumbled thoughts in his head as the train pierced through the snowstorm towards his home and his love.

-

Jimin's heart felt like exploding as the train screeched to a stop.

To some people, today was just a regular Tuesday, just another day, another 24 hours. But to some people today would become one of their best days of their life.

Or.

One of the worst days of their life.

So there they stood, not a word exchanged, not a glance spared as their stares bore into the train doors.

Then came sobbing, screaming of joy and the anticipation of parents, sibling, and relatives. Emotions overwhelmed Jimin as a familiar figure stepped out of the train. He felt everything slowed down, the steps slowed down and the time... time...

Time stopped.

Or Jimin thought it did as the love of his life took another step towards him. He almost went haywire, he was on his tiptoe as the crowd moved him left, then right. Jimin felt hot tears rushing out and before he could control his emotion he opened his mouth and yelled with all his might.

"JEON JUNGKOOK!" Jimin's heart sped up as he finally caught a glimpse of Jungkook's face.

A few people next to the excited boy glared but he didn't mind, the only thing on his mind was-.