A whole new life

Y/n's pov

Apparently, once I can out of the machine, not only did my animal soul turn into a monster soul, but my life span extended greatly. I now got to partake in some of the games that everyone plays, like truth or dare, or some other fun, physical activity. Today, everyone went roller skating. Since I trusted my balance, I chose in-line skates. Papyrus, undyne, mettaton, and sans also chose in-line skates, everyone else took the regular skates. Everyone then got in the rink and started self teaching themselves how to skate, sometimes helping each other by holding onto each other for balance. Papyrus, undyne and I seemed to get it right off the bat. Undyne and papyrus helped the others, while I experimented with how to move with the roller skates on. By doing this, I learned how to skate backwards and jump with skates on. Believe it or not, it's harder to do than you might think. I then went over to sans, who was having a hard time with the skates, and started skating backwards in front of him. Sans looked at me with a "please help me" and a "show off" look. I held out my hand, and sans quickly took it. I started going faster, making sure I had a firm hold on sans. Eventually, all of us were skating as if we had done it for years. Just then, a catchy song came on and I couldn't help but dance to the beat. (Play song now) I was alternating my footing to the beat as I went around the rink, sometimes jumping to the song. As the song ended, I was coming up on the turn when I started glowing. I realized that I was turning back into a cat! My ears went down and I said "uh oh", before I knew it, I was back in my cat form. Unfortunately, I was still going fast in the rink, and my hind legs were still in my, now unstable, skates and I flung forward. I landed on the floor hard and was sliding to the wall. Sans saw this and raced over to me eventually bending down asking if I was ok. I looked up at him and meowed, trying to say that I was ok. Toriel then came over and used her healing magic on me. My body instantly stopped hurting so much, and I began to purr out of happiness. It's my way of saying thank you to her. Sans thanked toriel and asked me "do you think you can turn back into your neko form?". I closed my eyes and focused on being a neko/ human again, but nothing happened. I opened my eyes and shook my head. Once toriel was done healing me, I hopped into sans' hood. Sans just sighed and got up, beginning to skate again. I could tell sans was feeling sad and blaming himself, so I perched myself on his left shoulder and licked his cheek bone. Sans smiled back at me and pat my head, I could tell he felt better. Just then, a staff worker came and said to sans "hey sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to put your animal on a leash please" with a monotone voice. Sans sighed and pulled out a f/c leash and attaching it to my collar. Sans then said "there, happy?" In a sarcastic tone, the staff person then said "all animals need to stay off of the rink". Sans' eye sockets widen, and he sighs in anger and defeat. We then make our way off the rink, and I am placed on an old blanket like cloth. Sans sits next to me and watches to others skate. I comes to my mind that I'm the reason sans can't have fun skating with his brother and his friends. My ears and tail droop as I begin to look guilty, and I just hang my head low in sadness and embarrassment. I then feel sans pet my back reassuringly, alphys came up to us and asked "sans? W-what's up w-with y-y/n?". Sans says "I think she feels bad for ruining the fun even though it wasn't her fault". I then try to turn back into a human/ neko, closing my eyes and focusing on being a neko, skating around with sans and the others. I felt myself glow a little, but still, nothing happened. I felt terrible about spoiling everyone's fun, but undyne came over and said "hey punks, how about we all go back to the skelebros house and play some games" everyone nodded in agreement, I totally forgot why I was so sad. I meowed happily and started to pull sans out of the skating place with the leash. I ended up chocking myself a little in the process, but it wasn't to bad since I didn't have to pull sans very hard. Papyrus drove us all home and everyone gathered in the living room to decide on what to play. Undyne actually wrote down our game options on a price of paper, and wanted me to decide what game we would play. The options were 1) hide n' go seek 2) a movie 3) seven minuets in heaven w/ spin the bottle. I picked hide n seek first, since I picked it, I was it. Sans told me to count to 30 in my head, and meow loudly when the time is up. So I turned myself against the wall and closed my eyes. I then meowed before beginning to count. 1.... 2..... 3.... I heard a lot of rustling from all over the house, I decided to focus on counting instead. 10..... 11...... 12....... 13.... it was completely silent, a little to silent. But it made since since we were playing hide n seek. 27...... 28....... 29........ 30. I meowed loudly and ran to the kitchen. I began to look through every cupboard and drawer. I found papyrus underneath the sink with all of his bones that he placed in there, and mettaton was in an empty cupdoard. I then looked through the upstairs and found frisk in papyrus' closet, undyne was behind the shower curtain, alphys hid in an empty trash can, toriel and asgore hid in an actual storage closet, and sans was the last one found, hiding in a pile of dirty socks and other yet to be washed clothes. Since sans was last to be found, he was it. Sans then counted to 30, during that time, I carefully squeezed myself behind the tv and hid behind the receiver. Sans then yelled "ready or not, here I come". Sans soon found everyone but me, sans started looking around and asked "where's y/n?". Everyone shrugged and gave the "I don't know" noises, sans then said "ok y/n you won, you can come out now". I grinned and came out from behind the tv, meowing in satisfaction. We all played games for the rest of the day, eventually, everyone went home and went to bed. I fell asleep next to sans, and sans put his arm around me before falling asleep.