Chapter 9 - Saturn Barz

Fucking Saturdays. I had a few hours to cure my hangover before it was off to the races once again.

Tonight, I needed extra protection. Tobias had invited me to some underground rap show. His little squad was having a live battle against the one and only "Classics", which was apparently the group lead by none other than Gregory Clarkson. Two issues in one room, on a drunk day, meant trouble for me. Hannah promised to be by my side for the night, but she wasn't exactly equipped or experienced to handle me. I needed back up.

Group Chat: Elora: I'm on my way. Put lipstick on me.

Group Chat: Virvanna: You and Mel carpooling?

Group Chat: Melissa: Yes! Be there soon love.

Group Chat: Mackie: Can my guy come?

Group Chat: Virvanna: Fuck no. If I'm single tonight, you single tonight. Find a black boy and make him love you tonight.

Group Chat: Mackie: But I have a boyfriend.

Group Chat: Virvanna: I didn't say you had to love him back, did I? Selena, are you on your way? You live closest and take the fucking longest to get ready.

Group Chat: Selena: Bitch. Yeah I'm almost ready. Just gotta shower.

Group Chat: Virvanna: BITCH HURRY THE FUCK UP.

Group Chat: Elora: God I miss you. You never visit me!

Group Chat: Virvanna: Cause your street is littered with St. Aug's kids. Let's get sushi downtown. All of us. On a sober day. Like a Tuesday.

Group Chat: Event Made: Sushi downtown. Tuesday. 5pm.

Group Chat: Event Responses: All coming.

Group Chat: Virvanna: Good. We all know the plan for tonight? Keep dicks outta my hand, alright?

Group Chat: Hannah: VIRVANNA HOLY SHIT YOUR HOUSE IS HUGE.

Group Chat: Virvanna: Hold on, I'll come open the door love. See you all soon.

Then he texted me.

Clark: Hope you're in my fan club. Better have a big sign.

I rolled my eyes and left him on read.

Hannah stood at my door still looking around at the size of my house. To me I had gotten used to it but to kids from the other end of town I was living in some sort of palace. It really wasn't that big, either. It just had one more garage door than most, one more story than most, and the grass was greener than the cash it cost us. It was all a show. On the inside, it felt like prison.

"Bitch you live far. Is this Oz? Am I in Emerald city?" she greeted.

"Welcome to hell. Won't find much culture here other than appropriation and neighbourhood movie nights. People call the cops a lot here."

I waved her into the house as Elora and Melissa pulled in. They rushed to meet me inside before I closed the door behind Hannah.

"It's been four months where the hell have you been," Elora greeted.

"Honestly, I wish I remembered!" I laughed, pulling them both in for a hug. "We're still waiting on Mackenzie and Selena."

"Oh my, I miss them!" Melissa screeched.

"Me too. I feel like I've been in a box the past five months. A large, loud, LSD infused box."

"Okay but first things first, you promised me something," Elora said as she poked my shoulder insistently.