Chapter Seven: This Last Goodbye

No. No! No, no, no...

My legs crumbled beneath me and I fell to the ground, managing to keep a tight grip on Queenie. Chloe. My friend. No!

"Chloe... keep your eyes open, Chloe. Stay with me. Please." I begged, cupping her cheeks as I moved to hover over her.

Chloe laid on her side, the sword through her up to the hilt. She was wearing a beautiful sundress that complimented her blue eyes. Blue eyes. I met her eyes, blue against blue. Tears were pouring out of mine as I sat helpless. Chloe seemed amazingly calm and collected, as though our positions were switched.

I gingerly pressed my hands around her wound, not knowing what to do.

"Ch-C-Chat! Chat!" I screamed, hoping to bring him over here. I never took my eyes off my friend.

"B-Beh-B-...." Chloe muttered. I leaned in closer to catch what she said. "Behind."

I whipped my head around to see Hawkmoth right above me, a slim dagger in his hand. I couldn't move, couldn't speak as I watched the dagger come down, aimed at my heart.

"No!" A high, feminine voice screeched. I felt myself pushed out of the way by none other than the injured Chloe, her face scrunched up in determination.

I could only sit as she grabbed Hawkmoth by his collar using one hand and yanked herself up to see him face-to-face, her other hand gripping his wrist to keep the dagger from her.

I could only watch as she twisted his wrist and plunged the dagger in his heart. Gabriel seemed surprised as he looked down at the dagger that was meant for me.

With one final scream Chloe... hugged... Hawkmoth?

I was confused, until I saw the sword tip emerge from his back.

Chat and Rena finally joined me. I could tell that Chat was asking me questions, and Rena didn't waste a second to run to Chloe and rip Hawkmoth away from her.

Gabriel's transformation dropped with him. I could tell he was dead before he hit the ground.

Rena cradled Chloe as they both sank to the ground. Carapace groaned beside me and I jolted. I had almost forgotten about him.

"Chat, help Carapace." I mumbled as I numbly stood to go sit by Chloe and Rena.

"Chloe? Chloe! Can you hear me?" Rena was asking her, but she didn't respond. I could see the slight rise in her chest and felt an ounce of hope.

"Chloe? Hey, don't you die on me." I told her, taking hold of her hand and clutching it in mine. Chloe's eyes weakly opened to look at me, a small smirk playing on her lips.

"Ye-Yes ma'am." She chuckled, her face contorting in pain at the slight movement.

"Chloe Bourgeois. Never would have guessed." I told her, grinning a little.

"I know. Funny, I guess. Right, Mari?" She coughed, wincing. A small trickle of blood flowed down her chin. "It's funny... my biggest fear came true... but... I'm not... scared..."

"Yes. Very funny." I told her, not wanting to ask how she knew who I was behind the mask. "But don't worry. We're gonna fix you. Then we can have plenty more funny times. Right, girl?"

I released her hand and stood, whipping my yo-yo up as I yelled, "Lucky Charm!"

A single rose fell. I caught it before throwing it back up into the air saying, "Miraculous Ladybug!"

My ladybug's scoured the city, fixing the Eiffel Tower, the exploded apartment building, and finally it came and covered Chloe. I smiled as the Ladybug's dispersed, but immediately frowned when I saw the sword still in her.