Morning Sip

As I walked out of the back room with the fresh batch of Lemon Yanker Doodles I noticed a group of teens from my school siting in the far back.  "hey, sweet pie you mind taking table fives order?" my mom asked grabbing the Yanker doodles and handing me a notepad and pen.

"sure thing sugar plumb" I said giving her a peck on the cheek and taking the notepad willingly.

I made my way to the table with gratitude but left it madder than a prep girl without her lipstick. they were all loud and annoying "yo waitress, still waiting on that order " the cool guys rude friend called out. I looked over at my little sister Abbie and she rolled her eyes, then I looked at my mom and she shrugged. I went in back and made there order, one  black coffee with a Mint Figet, two simple White Strawberry Lasters, and two Raspberry drapes  with a side of whip cream. I made my way out but to only see that the table was empty. what jerks. I sat down at the table two angry to stand and then spotted some money was left $28.50 total. exactly the change needed. a smile appeared on my face.  there was even five dollars left over. it wasn't much to cover my college expenses but it got me closer. my mom walked up and had my bag in her hand.

"come on" she said giving my arm a little smack "you have to ketch the bus for school".