Prolouge

There I was. Just being promoted to supervisor seemed to be the highlight of my year. I am out getting promoted, making money while my deadbeat boyfriend sits on his ass playing video games all day. I was stopped in my tracks when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. When I turned around there on the corner was three boys each around 14 or 15. Little did I know that these three boys would change my life FOREVER...

Characters

Avery Blake: Fresh out of college with an Associate's and a Bachelor's degree. She went to Highline community college and the Evergreen State college. She met her boyfriend Brad soon after she got out of college.

Carter Viva: His parents were murdered when he was a baby. Him and his older sister were put into foster care by their grandparents. His sister was adopted but he stayed in the foster home until he was 12. After he turned 12 he ran away.

Jackson Burks: He ran away from his parents. His dad was very abusive and his mom was addicted to pills. He took some money from his mom's secret stash of cash and caught a bus to Seattle. He met Carter soon after he got to Seattle.

Brendan Scott: His parents kicked him out because his grades and his behavior weren't what they were supposed to be. His dad wanted him to become a doctor but Brendan wanted to be a photographer.

Brad Wentz: He is Dana's deadbeat boyfriend who always cheats on her and blames all of his problems on his relationship. Brad met Dana at a bar. They were both pretty drunk and they hooked up.