Hidden Hope

After what seems to be a long drive we finally reached the mansion. It's quite simple, I am in love with the city. I'm in love with the lights, the skyline, the people rushing on the street looking for love and action. A place dreams live; where reality is shaped around one's desires. This is where I was born to be.

We finally arrived our destination. We were welcomed with a large midcentury modern gray three-story stucco house which sits very pretty and elegant on the hill top . I couldn't believe my eyes such a beaut! Humbled by it majestically beauty I forgot everyone were already inside the house.

"Are you coming, dear?" the old woman asks

I hurried my feet to joy her inside the house. I remember once dreaming and seeing myself running towards this particular house. Entering the house was completely overwhelming. I remember describing it to my mother when I was just a little girl and she called it Haven, a place of safety. Mother said that something I will smile again and God will lead me to my place of shelter. As I grew up I called it my hidden hope because with all the craziness in my life that was the one thing that kept giving me hope. Never thought it could be so real.

Everything looked opulent from tiled staircase  with golden balusters to glazed tiles you can literally see your reflection, to the sheer curtains swirling like mist on the wall to the floor to the ceiling windows that faced a slope and then a sunset

Everything looked opulent from tiled staircase  with golden balusters to glazed tiles you can literally see your reflection, to the sheer curtains swirling like mist on the wall to the floor to the ceiling windows that faced a slope and then a sunset. This house is so intimidating. I finally found the words to speak.

"Your house is very lovely ma'am", I acknowledged. which is an understatement. .

"Thank you Celestial. My late husband and I built this house for our children and grandchildren unfortunately it did more damage than good", she says with a forced smile.

"What are you saying now? I am a blessing and this house too. You are just an ungrateful and sorrowful old woman", Kelvin interrupts.

My jaws dropped before I could reply to the old woman; my brain couldn't comprehend how one human can be this ungrateful and stupidly disrespectful. He possesses a mind not merely twisted,' but sprained 

I am humbled by his stupidity. where I'm coming from I dear not speak to gran make in such a manner. I would have ended up on the hospital breathing my last breath.

"Although it will be a blessing if you could just redecorated or even burn everything in that room", kelvin points to a room not too far from the entrance.

The furnishing were old but had a story to tell, so they had to be antiques with what looked like hand carved workmanship each area of the room melting into the beauty of the next with some delicate settees next to more heavy bookcases and fireplaces that mated with the walls that appeared to be actually used. And this is what this idiot is asking her to destroy!!

I refuse to get involved in family drama", I remind myself.

"That room is absolutely beautiful. The skills, I love how homely it feels in here. What's the story behind it", I tell the old woman ignoring Kelvin's comments.

"This house was once a one-storey house built by my husband. He look to carve and build. Everything in this room was made with love and care by him and each thing with a story." she replies to me.

"It is totally worth keeping", I smiled at her

"What is your name ma'am?"

"Oh yes, dear, my name is Chara. Which means Joy in Greek."

"A lovely name you have ma'am"

Chara called for the housemaids to help me to my room. Boy, can I say that it was drop dead gorgeous couldn't believe it was mine. "God bless New York", I exhaled. 

"Do you like it?", Chara says as she enters

"Wow! It is so beautiful. where I am coming from..." I stop myself. "Thank you so much for giving me a place to spend the night"

"Actually, I will like for you to stay as long as you want. Truth is, it has been so long since I have had anyone to talk to and be around. For years I have felt a dumping down in the midst of my loneliness. It almost swallowed me till I met you. I felt a sense of hope", she says with so much pain in her eyes.

"I will stay as long as you will have me", giving her the warmest smile.

She gently walked towards me, piercing my soul with her eyes in searching for the unknown. "You carry the weight of the world on your shoulders and the sorrow and pain of lost souls In your eyes. You try so hard to hide it in your smile but your eyes gives it away. "

she is just meeting me it is unfair for her to think it is okay to tap into people's minds. she doesn't know me.

"Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain. Everyone has gone through some kind of pain,", I respond

Her gentle feet walked towards me as she stretched out her wrinkled but soft hands with veins risen from all the trials of life. "Celestial dear, rest. Tomorrow is a new day."

She smiles as she exists the room which now belongs to me. Both pain and comforts  drowns my body as I lay on my bed. Sleep steals my last glance of my doorway.

A/N: Do let me know what you think about this new chapter.  this chapter is just to set the scene for the upcoming chapter. which character are you loving in the mean time?

Please like and comment if you want me do write some more.

Do Like, Comment & Vote