Chapter 2: A Warning of Dreams

A few days had passed, and it was a cold and calm night. I didn't mind the cold too much. It was warm near Sandy. I watched as Sandy continued to sleep. I placed a hand on his chest and lied next to him. I attempted to sleep. However, the night went on, and I couldn't keep my eyes closed.

I closed my eyes and tried again.

Agwe.

I opened my eyes and looked around. "Hello?"

Up here!

I looked up at the moon and stars. "I can't see you in the sky. It's too dark."

Suddenly, the moonlight became brighter. It wasn't overbearing, but it was obvious.

I stared at the moon. "Are  you the moon?"

I heard a gentle laugh.

In a sense. Many call me by that name. Agwe, I need you to do something for me.

I sat up and nodded. My hand was removed from Sandy's chest. "What is it?"

It concerns the man you adore so much.

I blushed a little. "Is it a good thing?"

Yes. You see, I called him hear to do something important for me. There is a darkness that is lurking in this world. It feeds on despair and fear. But do not fear this darkness, as I will shine a light every night.

"So what is it you need me to do?"

The sandman must be protected while he sleeps. I am asking you, a gentle and kind soul, to protect the one you adore.

I looked at Sandy and then back at the moon. "I don't think I can. I've never fought before."

Then swim him somewhere to safety. It is vital Agwe. I fear the one named Pitch Black may want to capture him for reasons beyond his hatred of Sandy's power. Please Agwe.

I frowned and stared at Sandy for a moment. "What does he want with Sandy?"

I don't know yet. But I do want to prepare for the worst.

I placed a hand on Sandy's cheek. "Will Sandy be in a lot of danger when this darkness arrives?"

Only if you let fear consume you and do not do what needs to be done.

My shoulders felt heavy. I didn't realized I had nodded to myself. I swallowed. "Okay. I'll do my best."

Thank you, Agwe. Tell him to say thank you when he awakes.

"When will he wake up? All he does is sleep," I said, and I didn't realize how angry I sounded.

Agwe, he will awaken. His ability relies on his will to imagine and dream.

"I'm sorry. I just really loved sharing that dream with him," I softly said. My tail began to sway as I continued to stare at Sandy. "I will protect him."

Thank you.