I love you too

Three days later, snow fell as the priest said a few words. My eyes full of tears.
"Maddie? Do you wanna speak?" He ask.

"Tavis was a great man, my best friend,my first love," I say fidgeting with the ring. His dad stayed in the back.

"Your the bitch who killed him!" His dad shouted.

"I did no such thing!" I say waving security to gather him. I had police come to eliminate any problems. The priest hands me the vase of ashes.

"I love you too," I whisper sprinkling ashes over the bridge where he proposed. The wind picked up,shivering us. Alex and Sasha say they are sorry and head too their car. They have no clue about my flight in an hour. My mom and dad tell me they will wait in the car. My siblings trail behind them. I can't believe I have to leave them.

"Ma! Dad!" I yell after them

"Tell me we move, out of this state,"

"You are-"

"Please I beg of you, anywhere else,"

"What do we have left here Dolly?"

"Babe-" my mom starts to think.

"Mads, your right," he says hopping in the car.

"Lemme take the kids, we need to get out of here, I don't feel comfortable leaving all of you,"

"Dolly?" My dad ask my mom.
"We can start looking, I'll call the movers,

One month later
Today is my first day of high school here. I slip my backpack on and go downstairs as my sister and parents prepare for today.

"Heather I'll drop you off," I say sitting beside my dad where a bowl of yogurt and fruit sat.

"Ready for the gossip?" My mom ask sitting across from me at the table. She hands me her tablet and the schools webpage was open to a buzz of the new girl in town.

"Are you sure this is appropriate attire?" I ask looking down to my knit maroon dress; black scarf and boots with knee high socks.

"Hell I don't know when I went to school here no body cared," my dad says chugging his coffee. And going upstairs to get the boys. My grandparents were in the mother in law house, they loved it here because they had an excuse to stay indoors to read, knit and watch the boys. It was so cold constantly. Heather went to the garage to turn the car on so we wouldn't freeze on the way to school. Biting my lip I say a quick prayer to Tavis. I eat quickly and check my phone. I changed my number with no contacts, I didn't need to know anyone from my old school.

I put my bowl in the sink along with my glass.

"Bye mom I love you," I say grabbing my black satchel.

"Good luck," she says half smiling. I feel confident as my heels click against the floors into my new black Camaro I bought with my new jobs income. I started working at a hardware store 1 mile from the house. Heather turns on rock music and I allow it till I drop her off at the middle school.

"Heather?" I ask carefully.

"I'm sorry for talking ma and dad into moving," I start to tear up.

"Mads you were protecting not only you but all of us," she says hugging me.

"Thank you for understanding," I say smiling and waving to her as she struts off to the open doors. People stare mouths gaping as she steeped out in jeans, black ankle boots and a black sweater to be honest she looked bad ass. She buried her head into a book, she found a new found love for books this month.