Op DELIGHT

Kids Next Door Archive
Numbuhs 1,2,3,4,5 of Sector V. Part II
Now Loading Operation DELIGHT

Dreaded
Events
Line
In
Gruesome
Hated
Time

Who-knows-where. 1730 hours (5:30 pm)

Numbuhs 11,9&5 laid on the sandy ground

It had been the first day of their quest.

Maurice got up "C'mon, we got more land to cover."

The sisters looked at each other and got up

Numbuh 5 checked her watch

"But, it's time to go back." she said

"But, the pox," he began. Cree cut him off

"Listen, Numbuh 9, it'll still be there tomorrow. We've been here for hours. It's time to take a break."

"Okay." he sighed as they headed back to the SCAMPER

---------------------------------------
Sector V treehouse. 1755 (6:55pm)

They were spending the night in the treehouse as they did Friday nights.

Numbuh 9 was in his room, working on the map, when he heard a knock

"It's open!" he said

Numbuh 11 walked in

"Listen, Maurice," she said sternly. "I know this mission means a lot to you, and I admire that. But look at us! We're short two members of a full sector, Abby's under experienced and, well, we just can't keep jumping into the unknown. Those teens almost had us, and I don't want to risk it."

He already saw this coming, working and part-time living with a person for 2 years does that.

"You're right, Cree. I can't put us all in danger like that. I see what this is really about - we recruited your sister to fill in this sector when you and the twins leave, and we can't do that by running of to the middle of nowhere."

"Let's contact moonbase" he continued. "Just a favor. Could you call Abby, I want her to hear for herself."

Numbuh 11 was a bit taken back, but she heard what she wanted to hear, even though she expected more of a fight.

"Sure." she replied "Good to hear."

---------------------------------------
Sector V treehouse. Mission preparatory.

The sisters got in and Numbuh 100 appeared on screen

"Numbuh 100, sir." they saluted

"Hello, Sector V. How's the chicken pox quest?"

"Uh... yes, sir." Numbuh 9 began "About that."

Noting their teammate's sad tone. Numbuh 5 whispered to her sister "What's goin on?"

"Shh."

"It has come to my attention that my sector is less than peak at the moment. And I hate to put them in such danger so unprepared." he continued "So, I would like to make this a solo mission."

"What?" all three operatives practically yelled

"Maurice, you can't possibly-" Numbuh 11 protested