"Our Favourite Place"

Greyson.

I immediately went to my 1960 Cadillac. My favourite car, my dream car which my girl gave me. It was her present for me when I had my birthday. I remember how cheerful she is when she gave me the key. I saw in her sparkling eyes that she was really delighted and very happy and confident I will love her gift. As I look at the car, I was amazed. I can’t speak. I gasp. I gasp in disbelieve that my wife have given me my dream car. My 1960 Cadillac. I thank her, maybe for a million times. Of course, it was amazing. She cannot even believe, too, because I was really happy when I had it. Well, let’s go back on what I am saying earlier. 

I immediately went to my 1960 Cadillac. With my girl. Silence occurs while I’m driving to our favourite place. As I drive, I played our theme song, Kiss The Rain by Yiruma. It was just a piano piece, I know. But we don’t care. We both love Yiruma. As it plays, a tear escaped my puffy eyes. Puffy, yes. Because I also did the same thing earlier. I looked down, but still have to continue driving so I can take the love of my life to our favourite place. I remember her; a tear also fell in her gorgeous eyes when this piece was played on our wedding. Still, she looks so beautiful. She said it was the best day of her life. Starting to begin a new life with me. 

Silence. Relaxing. Staring at the rim of the descending sun. Listening to the sound of waves. Hearing the birds chirping. Feeling the tiny bits of the white sand. Walking with my two bare feet.  I went near the water, where the feeling of tickling my feet is relaxing. While thinking of the next step I’ll do, while things are fighting in my mind, I decided to put my princess down. I decided to put her down in the silky sand near the water. Near the lukewarm water. As I did, I seated right next to her. At first, I stared at her fresh face, then I grab her soft left hand and I pressed it to my lips like I never did before. 

I don’t know where to start. I don’t know what to say. I don’t know what I am thinking. As far as I know, I just carried her here using my two arms. I just carried her here, here at our favourite place. Here where is always relaxing. Here where we can make ourselves calm even we feel like we carried all of the problems of the world. Here where both of our negative feelings always fade away in a matter of seconds. Here where both of us started a new life being together. Nature. Sunset. Beach. I took her away after the most tragic thing happened to me, to her. The most tragic thing happened to us. If I can only turn back time and save her… from that. But I can’t. No one can. I think only a miracle would do. Which I know doesn’t exist no matter what I do. 

Like I said earlier, I don’t know what to say. So I just stare at her fresh, lovely, angelic, beautiful face which I cannot compare to others. Her beauty is unique. Her beauty is extraordinary. She is completely different from others. I can’t help but to think of those happy times I’m with her. Those times that we share secrets. We share each other’s funny moments. We share laughter. We share sadness. We share our own sorrow which only the two of us can understand. I won’t forget those days. While remembering those happy moments with my girl, something pops out of my mind. And I decided to tell it to her, to speak to her. Since both of us were alone…

“Do you remember when we first met? It was enchanting. I was strolling in this park to give my dog a little walk. The air is so refreshing at that time. I can smell the fragrance of each flower I see as I walk. My dog ran so fast that it causes me to run, too. And then suddenly it stopped. As I stopped too, I saw you at the park. I saw an angel walking in the park. Strolling around with her pet dog. You wore this purple pretty dress. Which perfectly suits to a beautiful girl like you. It was full of gems, glitter and sequence. That shines so bright like you twinkling like a star when moon comes. You look so stunning and beautiful. No wonder my heart beats very fast when I first saw this lovely girl. When I first saw you. I can’t resist but to approach you. I’m nervous. I’m shy. I’m shaking. Yes, but I want to talk to you. My hands are sweaty, I think. But, before I approach you, you noticed me. I was like, ugh. I don’t know. I’m mesmerized with your beautiful sparkling eyes. I remember when you greeted me with a very cheerful voice saying “Hi there!” It was the most overwhelming voice I ever heard in my entire life. I’m so happy that it came from you. That it came from the most beautiful angel I ever saw. I gave an exchange “Hello” as my greeting. You noticed that I was really nervous, don’t you? After exchanging greeting with each other, we decided to sit at the grass. I feel like the grass is tickling me, so does you. I asked everything about you. I asked your full name. I asked where you come from. I asked for your number. I was so being loquacious. When I finally got them, I immediately called you. I invited you for a dinner. That dinner was absolutely stunning, just like my date that night. Which is you, of course. Months have passed. I called you again to have a dinner with me. Just for you and me. Exclusive for both of us. At the restaurant, I confess my love for you. That from the very first start we met, the very first start we saw each other, I can feel cupid hit me. Fortunately, you told me you love me too. It was the happiest day of my life, really. That my girl in my dreams loves me too. That you feel the same way that I feel for you. I… I’ll never forget that day…”