Chapter 1: Ding Dong!

Ding dong!

"Kevin, can you get the door?" My mom hollered from the kitchen, preparing eggs and bacon for breakfast. I opened the wooden door, which revealed a red head. His smile was awkward, as if he was scared who would open the door.
    "Hey," his tone began a bit on the flirtatious side, but he continued,"Sorry, I mean, hello!" The man shook my hand, his eyes focused on my hand and his hand linking. My eyes were focused on his name tag.
    "Um, who are you?" I began to grasp the door, prepared to shut it. "Oh,  I was getting to that!" He grasped my hand, pulling me outward a bit. "My name is Connor-Uh, Elder McKinley.. Have you heard of the Book of Mormon?" The guy in the white shirt pulled a book out of his bag, holding it to my face.
       I could only stare at him humiliating himself. It was hilarious. I released a small chuckle, resorting in a smile on the face of the missionary. "I have not, actually.." I took the Book from him, flipping through some pages. "Macaroni?" I questioned, giving the Book back.
       "Actually, it's Moroni.." He murmured, audible enough for me to hear. "I'm Catholic, so no thank you.." I tried to kindly reject, but he didn't want to take no for an answer. "I'm a Latter Day missionary. We think you'd love to find paradise through our Christ!" He put the book in my hand, trying to force me into taking the book.
      "Elder..McKinley, what if I took this book?" I questioned him, a plan in my mind. "I mean, it's free. So, I don't see why people don't?"  McKinley responded to me, shrugging his shoulders.
    "Well, I have to go.. Good luck, I guess..Y'know, with the religion stuff.." I shut the door, finally getting rid of him.
     "Who was that?" His mother spit out a laugh, serving the bacon and eggs. "Thanks, mom..Oh, and that was some sort of Missionary?" I began to dig in, my mother sitting next to me. 
      "Kevin, you're nineteen, now. When are you gonna move out?" She laughed, biting her eggs.  "I just really don't wanna be alone.."I replied, kind of embarrassed.
   "Well, you don't have to be.." My mom began to imply something I didn't wanna here. "Mom, I don't want a girlfriend.. I'm 19! So much for me to do!" I felt very uncomfortable when my mom mentioned these things.
     I don't want somebody to be with, I just wanna be alone. Why can't she realize that?
______________________________

Ding Dong!

  "Mom, I'll get it!" I ran to the door, expecting my VR set I was supposed to get in the mail. Nope, it's that missionary dude.
   "Oh, hi. Totally forgot you lived here!" Elder McKinley grinned at me, post to creating a very dramatic welcoming.
     I put my hands together, hoping he doesn't offer me a book again. "Will you take a book?" He asked me. Oh my, this missionary is desperate.
     "Is that coffee?" Oh, crap. He smells the coffee coming from the kitchen. "Um, yeah. You want some..?" I tried to offer him some coffee due to his desperate expression towards the drink. "Oh, yes! Yes! I do!" McKinley groaned with relief, but quickly he changed his mind, I guess. "No, no. I can't do that. It's against my- It's not in my religion.." He suddenly became very quiet.
    "Please take this book?" The Elder asked me, putting the book in my hands again. "Why not?" I asked, taking the book. I then shut the door in his face, revealing a scream of joy from the missionary.
    "Elder! Elder! I did it!"
_________________________

Ding dong

That can't be him again. It's noon this time. "Why is our door so busy,lately?" My mom hollered from upstairs.
   I walked to the door, opening it up. It was 2 Elders this time. "Whoa! He IS cute! You really weren't lying!" The other one gushed over me. It for some reason never phased me back then.
      Elder McKinley grabbed my hand, dragging me outside. "This is my mission companion, Elder Thomas!"
   Elder Thomas shook my hand really quickly, looking me directly in the eyes. "Here, take this book!" He put a poptart in my face.
    "That's a poptart, sir.." I commented. A huge blush grew on his face, latching onto Elder McKinley, smiling.
      "This is different.." i mentioned to both of them. "You wanna go bike riding with us sometime? We love to ride bikes around this neighborhood!" McKinley gestured to their bikes on the street.
      I'm an adult. They're adults. They're not kid napping me. So, I guess so?
     "How about this weekend?" I asked, not sure if I really wanted to go. These two men were different, alright.
      Elder Thomas jumped up and down, while Elder McKinley just stared at me. Seriously, he was looking right into my eyes, smiling almost as if I was something incredible.