Chapter Six

"Marigoldpaw, Jayfrost, Blizzardpaw, Poppyflight, Moonfang, and Owlmoon." Rockstar meowed. It was a moon later. Jayfrost and Seedflower were still training Marigoldpaw. Nightshade hasn't been feeling well ever since she met Thistle. Marigoldpaw didn't understand why.
       "Promise that you will tell me what happens." Hawkpaw meowed to Marigoldpaw. Marigoldpaw nodded. She was happy that she was going to the gathering. Rockstar flickered his tell and the gathering cats started to heading off. Marigoldpaw raced after them. She was amazed when she stepped in the fourtrees. She couldn't believe that the clans were here. She looked up at the trees that the leaders were. I will be up there one day. Marigoldpaw sat with her clan. She saw the four leaders. Rockstar stood. The cats fell silent.
        "Maplestar has sadly past away. I, Rockstar, will take her place. We also have two new warriors. Jayfrost and Seedflower." Rockstar waited for the noise to calm down," We also have five new apprentices. Hawkpaw, Firepaw, Blizzardpaw, Sootpaw, and Marigoldpaw."
       "What about your new deputy?" One of the leader's piped up. Rockstar didn't reply so quickly.
         "Our new deputy is Nightshade. Nightshade couldn't make it here, unfortunately." Rockstar mewed. Rockstar sat back down. Another Leader stood up.
        "Nothing new happened in Riverclan." This must of been Streamstar. "Although we would kindly like to say that you keep your land paws off territory that isn't yours."
Streamstar sat down. She's talking about sunningrocks! It's ours! Another cat stood up. He was a brown tom. His eyes were narrowed as he spoke.
         "Shadowclan got a new deputy, Darkpad. We also got two new apprentices, Thornpaw and Shadepaw. And Tawnywhisker is our new medicine cat." The Shadowclan leader meowed. Marigoldpaw saw a Black she-cat standing tall. She must of been Darkpad. The Shadowclan leader sat down. The last leader to stand up was the Windclan leader.
          "Grassclaw has moved to the Elder's den. Prey is getting harder to find." The Windclan leader meowed. The gathering was then over. That was really short.
          "That's it?" Hawkpaw questioned. Marigoldpaw nodded. She just explained everything to Hawkpaw.
         "Well, I have things to tell you." Hawkpaw mewed. Marigoldpaw tilted her head. What would Hawkpaw want?
        "
Okay." Marigoldpaw mewed with a yawned.
       "I overheard Flinchflight and I think he said that Nightshade might be having kits!" He murmured. Marigoldpaw's eyes went wide. He's joking!
        "Your joking!" Marigoldpaw exclaimed. Hawkpaw shook his head.
        "I'm serious." Hawkpaw meowed. "Think about it."
       Marigoldpaw yawned. She would rather have Nightshade tell her than her siblings.
        "Oh ya!" Marigoldpaw lied, putting her head on top of her paws. Marigoldpaw slowly closed her eyes. Sleep quickly embraced her.

        Marigoldpaw looked around. She was in the same place but she didn't see Nightshade. She saw Scar instead. His eyes were narrowed when he saw her. What's his problem?
         "Where is Nightshade?" He growled. Marigoldpaw shook her head.
         "She isn't feeling well. Rumor says that she is having kits," Seeing the look on Scar's face she added," I don't believe it."
          "Well, I was told that you are the leader of this...clan. Nightshade taught me how you fight. Tell me, who should I teach?" Scar asked. Marigoldpaw thought. She would love training Robin. Raven might want to be taught by Nightshade.
           "You can teach Fang. If Fang finishes early, Robin can be your apprentice." Marigoldpaw meowed. This is fun! I like being in charge! Scar nodded and disappeared. Marigoldpaw was now alone. Shouldn't Nightshade have a back-up for me? Marigoldpaw looked through the fog. She wanted to go through it. Marigoldpaw took a deep breath before going through the fog. It only took Marigoldpaw a second to realize what was going on. This was the dark forest. The place no cat has been in for moons. It was back again. Their highrock was made of Thorns, bones, and some other things. Marigoldpaw raced onto the top of the highrock. She looked around. She could see past the fog. She could see Scar and Fang fighting the distance. She could see everything.

           "Marigoldpaw! Wake up!" Seedflower meowed. Marigoldpaw groaned before blinking her eyes open. She quickly sat up.
           "Marigoldpaw, Nightshade wants you to go to the Moonstone. Jayfrost will be taking you." Seedflower meowed.
          "Why aren't you going with me?" Marigoldpaw asked sitting up. Seedflower looked down at her paws.
         "I have things to confess and a clan to defend." Seedflower mewed. Marigoldpaw was confused on the first part but shook it off. She quickly groomed herself before heading out of the apprentice's den. She ran over to Jayfrost, who was at the medicine cat den. Finchwing was not in sight.
       "Finchwing wants you to eats these. They're traveling herbs." Jayfrost nudged some herbs with his paws. Marigoldpaw double-checked to make sure that they weren't deathberries and then ate them. They didn't taste the greatest. "Let's go."
      The duo padded out of camp and into the forest. Marigoldpaw was disappointed that Nightshade couldn't go with her. They were both quiet. Marigoldpaw's mind was on Nightshade. It was when they got to the fourtrees is when Jayfrost spoke up.
       "If we run into any Windclan cats, Let me tell them why we are coming, not you." Jayfrost meowed.
       "Why because I am an apprentice or small?" Marigoldpaw followed him more slowly. Jayfrost chuckled.
       "Someone's got to tell them that you aren't a kit." He mewed. Marigoldpaw took offense. Joke or not, it wasn't funny. Not to her at least. Marigoldpaw watched for any Windclan cats as she went into their territory. She saw nobody. Wind-cats must be scared. That's right! Fear me! Marigoldpaw kept walking until she saw Mothermouth.
      "Guess the kit was too scary for Windclan." Marigoldpaw mewed. Jayfrost didn't reply to that.
       "Whatever. Now, listen kit. I'm going to carry you across the Thunderpath." Jayfrost meowed. Marigoldpaw was not fond of the idea.
        "I can run across!" Marigoldpaw hissed, annoyed. Jayfrost didn't say anything. A monster zoomed by, making Marigoldpaw jump.
      "Go!" Jayfrost took off running. Marigoldpaw wasn't that far behind him. Marigoldpaw and Jayfrost reached the destination seconds before a monster came by. Marigoldpaw stared at Mothermouth. Inside is the Moonstone right?
       Jayfrost started to go inside of the mothermouth. His tail signaled Marigoldpaw to follow. Marigoldpaw followed him slowly into the dark. She was following Jayfrost's scent; she was trying not to confuse it with the other stale scents. She started to see the light and ran towards it. She ran and then started to sprint. She suddenly tripped over her paws and went tumbling down to the light. Jayfrost was heard laughing. Marigoldpaw got up and shook her pelt. Her eyes narrowed at Jayfrost. Jayfrost stopped laughing and faced something. Marigoldpaw faced it too. It was the Moonstone. It was so beautiful. It shimmered and sparkled like the stars in the sky.
        "Touch your nose against the Moonstone." Jayfrost instructed. Marigoldpaw slowly walked towards the Moonstone. She touched her nose against the Moonstone and quickly fell into a deep sleep.
       She wasn't in the Dark Forest, but rather somewhere different. It looked more cheerful, friendly, and welcoming. Then, she was Blackblaze. The cat that has past away and was one of Marigoldpaw's friends. He sat down in front of Marigoldpaw.
       "Marigoldpaw, I'm giving giving you a warning. You change your ways now, or never come to see Starclan." Blackblaze meowed calmly, though his position showed that he was threatening her. Marigoldpaw shook her head. Starclan must have stupid rules to follow or they'll be sent to the Dark Forest. Marigoldpaw liked her second clan better. Blackblaze sighed. He then faded away. Suddenly, she wasn't in Starclan anymore. She was face-to-face with Nightshade.
      "Marigoldpaw, I see that you have been worthy enough to become a warrior. I shall inform the leader. You will be given your name, and continue on your quest to be the leader of all the clans." Nightshade yowled before she too, faded away. Marigoldpaw opened her eyes. She got up and looked around. Marigoldpaw saw Jayfrost waiting for her. She also realized how weak she was.
      "It's Dark all ready. We get out of Mothermouth rest, and then eat." Jayfrost meowed. Marigoldpaw nodded. She was excited about getting her warrior name. She was going to get it and then make her way to deputy, and then leader. The greatest Leader Thunderclan has ever seen!
(4.6 pages - 1,402 words)