Chapter 15

"STAND DOWN," Chief of Police yelled as the entire squad was pointing at the blue energy girl. She stood before them showing no threats of any sort. She just wanted to see if they still saw her as one. "COME IN PEACEFULLY!"

"No," the girl called out. "You need me-."

She looked up somewhat annoyed. She wanted to help and she knew they did and they knew it, except they had faith that their own superheroes could save the day.

"Look," the girl called out. "I'm here to help. I understand I have my moments where I screw up. I'm sorry. These villains are much more stronger than you think. Your superheroes can't defeat them without my help!"

"What are you suggesting we do?!"

"Join. It's the only way," the girl called out. You seriously think this will work? The girl shook her head. The police began circling in So the girl only teleported away instead.

School
Jason stood at his locker, with one hand on the backpack strap and the other in his sweater pocket. Mickey walked up holding the note in hand.

"I'm here. Why do you want me to meet you here," Mickey asked.

"I'm throwing a barbecue at Dawson's house and I wanted to personally invite you," Jason nodded. "Bring something to swim in. We are knocking Ben's party off the map."

Mickey scratched her forehead looking down at his shoes. She really seemed to get excited and nodded her head rapidly. Maddie and Dawson approached the two eagerly.

"Hey Novatek," Tanner called out. "You comin' or what?"

Bridget, Maddie, Dawson, Jason and Mickey looked over at Tanner who was waiting.

"I'll get back to you," Mickey backed away. "I'll ask my mom. Thanks Brit."

Jason smirked as he watched Mickey run towards Tanner who smiled warmly and walk out with her.

Pool Party
"You'll thank me later," Tanner whispered in Mickey's ear. Yeah. It took Tanner to do the convince her mom. Mick was only there for an hour and out she was going. Thank goodness for at least a little while.

Mickey wore her swim shorts and her one piece under that. She wasn't much of a two piece type of girl. Like Bridget and Maddie were. The two girls came walking over smiling at Mickey.

"You made it," Maddie hugged Mickey. Taken aback, Mickey leaned back. "Good! Great! Come on."

Mickey saw all the seniors around or in the pool. She caught sight of Jason who was literally barbecuing with Dawson aside with peanuts in his hand and a coke bottle in the other.

Jason looked up and raised his spatula in the air. Mickey raised her hand from under her towel. You better not get wet.

"Shut up," Mickey muttered to herself. She laughed to herself also leaving Maddie and Bridget a little worried. Maybe this girl had too much alone time.

"Tada," Maddie stood under their private gazebo. Couple lounge chairs. By a couple it was 6 chairs. Tanner was already lounging with his ray bans on his face and a towel over his bare torso.

"Go have fun," Tanner turned to Mick with a smile.

"Want to come," Bridget asked him.

"Nah. I'll wait a bit until Mick goes," he smiled. "Ain't that right Mick?"

"I guess so," Mickey inhaled. She set her towel down and sat down on the chair. Bridget seemed somewhat surprised with the way Tanner was towards her. Most of the guys would always immediately go with her anywhere but Tanner was a whole different story.

"Leave that notebook," Tanner pointed without turning his head. Mickey shut her mouth and slid her notebook under her towel. She brought her knees up and looked out to the huge pool before them. "Have some fun. No notebook."

She didn't answer. Tanner tossed his feet over the edge of the chair, resting his elbows on his knees, not far apart from Mick. She turned her head towards him.

"Have fun," he pulled off his sunglasses. "Please? Be the real Mickey Novatek. Who ever that is. Something tells me you aren't the girl who just reads books and loves astronomy. You must have a fun side."

"Cosmographer. Whoop whoop," Mickey raised her palms. Tanner cracked a grin and leaned back. "I have fun."

"Okay. What ever you say nerd."

"I do," Mickey exclaimed with a slight laugh. "I really do. I can have fun."

"Swimming around does not count," Tanner looked at her. Mickey raised an eyebrow.

"Okay then, if it's Mickey Novatek you want, Mickey Novatek you'll get," she stood up and pulled Tanner.

"Hey! What gives," he stormed. Mickey pulled his shoulder and turned him with his back to the pool. She looked at him with her arms crossed. "What? What are you doing?"

Everyone wanted to know what in the blue blazes was going on. Jason and Dawson turned looking at Mickey smirk.

"Behave yourself," Tanner pointed. Mickey shoved him back into the water with laughter filling the air. Tanner broke the surface gasping for air. "You sneak! That's your idea of fun?"

"No," Mickey never showed her water ballon. "This is."

She chucked it right at Junior Mason, the quarterback of the Sierra High School. It splashed him as he turned around with a cocky grin.

"Oh this is war," he grabbed a handful. This was war. Everyone ran around the lawn smashing or spraying water on one another. Jason and Mickey came face to face.

"You're dead Maverick," Mickey held the water blaster in her hand.

"Try me," he raised an eyebrow. Mickey laughed as he wrapped his arm around her waist and both went crashing into the pool! Mickey laughed as she felt Jason go under her legs and hoisted her on his shoulders.

"Oh I love that game," Bridget laughed as she jumped into the water and looking for a partner. Dawson slid under her and hoisted her up. "You are on like Donkey Kong."

"You're on sista," Mickey laughed as she grabbed Bridget's arms. Benjamin smirked and joined the fun. It was all fun and games until Benjamin by accident, jabbed Mickey's spine.

Oww! That hurt! Mickey winced grabbing her back and slowly making her way out of the water and back for the gazebo. She sat on the edge of the seat, with a hand on her back.

"Hey you alright," Jason asked wiping the water with his towel.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Mickey smiled. No she wasn't. It really hurt.

"Here, let me take a look," Jason leaned over.

"No! Uh," Mickey stood up quickly. She tripped with the lounge chair, but she regained her balance. "No need. I'll be okay. I'm, I'm just late- that's all. I got to go."

Before Jason could say another word, Mickey was half way across the lawn heading for the front where all the cars were at. She hitched a ride with Tanner but it looked like she was walking home.

Mickey inhaled deeply as she glanced back and rubbed her back vigorously. Why would it hurt that bad? When her thoughts were the only thing in her mind, she never saw the man approach behind her.

Slipping his hand around her mouth, the man hushed in her ear and with that, both were gone.