Dustfinger: his story

• Dedicated to Cornelia Funke

Dustfinger was a firebreather from Cornelia Funke's stories. He was born an orphan.The Barn Owl took care of him until he was old enough to adventure out on his own.When he and Basta got in a fight years ago, Basta had slit his face 3 times by his eye.Dustfinger was read out by Mortimor, Meggie's father, 10 years ago.Now, since Mo (Mortimor) read him out,he has clung close to Meggie's family.Farid was read out by MO too, so Dustfinger taught him to be a fire breather, just like him.When Orpheous reads him back, he is reunited with his wife, Roxane.He is depressed when he finds out that his 4/5 year old daughter had died while he was gone.Brianna, his other daughter, had become Violante, or Her Ugliness's maid.Although Brianna is mad at Dustfinger, she wants to know where he has been.All he could say was that he had tried to come back, but he couldn't, and that made her angrier.He then realized that Meggie had read her and Farid into the book, and they had brought Gwin, a marten that brought dread to Dustfinger, for Fenoglio had wrote that he died saving Gwin.So they went on to get  Mo, who Mortola had shot, making Resa, Meggie's mom, watch.They soon came to a time where Farid and Meggie fell in love, wich had a deep impact on the life of Dustfinger.They proceeded to the mill, where they found Basta waiting for them.Basta's friend slit Dustfinger's leg open, just as Farid set fire to the mill, and Basta cracked his head open and died.They escaped only to find a war,In wich they found Mo and Resa after they had escaped.Dustfinger put fire around the escaped prisoners of the Adderhead,Whom were pretected from there knife happy friends.Just as one person threwq a knife, Dustfinger tried to warn Farid, but it killed Farid as he jumped in front of Meggie to save her.Dustfinger went with them all to put Farid in a burial place.He only let Meggie see him, for her and Farid were in love.Dustfinger told Meggie to tell Roxane to tell her a story of the white woman, adn to tell her he was sorry.This was a story of wich the white woman had taken a firebreather's, like dustfinger,son away, and so he summoned them with fire to bring him back his son.When Roxane finally got to the chamber, her name was written in fire on the wall, and Farid as alive, but Dustfinger, sadly, was dead.He had sasid Farid was like his son, and the story was now true.At the end of Inkspell, Farid told Meggie these words: "I will bring him back.I will make this story have a happy ending, I promise."..............