Chater 1 Me

Fifteen years ago my mom Teena was giving birth to me Abigail, in Yellowknife public hospital on floor 3.

Later that day they put me in the car. On the drive me home I knew how my life was going to go, as my mom and dad fought over where I'm going to sleep, either in a dresser drawer or in a small portable baby bed. When my mom, dad, and I got home my Aunts, Uncles, brother, and sister were having a surprise party for me, and everyone was so happy to see me. People wanted to hold me, my brother and sister were fighting ov-.

"This fighting is bad for the children David!" Mom whispered.

I stopped, and I started eavesdropping on my mom and dad aruguing.

"It's not my fault why you can't do things right, and if you stop your arguing and complain-"

"Me doing things right, and me complaining and arguing?"

"Yeah I try and do everything right, I plan this party and have all your family over to see Abby."

"Yeah everyone over, its just a nether party to get my family drunk again, right in front of our son and our daughters to!"

"Then shut down the party!"

"EVERYONE OUT I'M TIRED AND WANT TO GO TO BED!"

As everyone left, my mom took me away from my sister and my brother, put in a drawer with a couple of blankets to make it soft because we didn't have a crib, and sent me off to bed.

Two years later, I woke up in the morning to yelling downstairs about how my parents need to buy a crib. I did not get why they had to buy a crib, I was over that already, I have a bed to sleep in? After a little while I here footsteps coming down the hall, I could tell it was my mom by the scent of her soft lavender perfume she always wore. She walked into my room, took me out of my bed, put me into her arms, started crying and said...

"I don't know what I'm going to do anymore, I don't even think this is going to work out between your dad and I. Abigail... you know your dad and I love you very much, but it's not working out between us. We thought if we had children, all our problems would go away. Also I always wondered why you dad was sneaking off every night at 6:00pm, and coming back at 12:00am."

"Never mind, you shouldn't have to worry about that... Why don't you come down stairs, Jonathan and Amy left for school, and daddy went to work. I made some pancakes, and you and I could have some time together if you want?"  She asked as she wiped her tears away.

When my mom had left the room, l started to get dressed and thought to myself. My parents, had my brother Jonathan, my sister Amy and I because, they thought they could make things work out between them?

A year later at 2:51 pm I was woken up by my dad telling Jonathan, Amy and I to get into the car.

"Daddy? Why did you wake us up?" I asked

"Just get into the car, mommy's in the car already. Hurry, hurry, hurry, we don't have a lot of time!" My dad said while he was running around, looking for a bag. When suddenly my dads cellphone rings.

"Hello?"

"HURRY UP IM IN THE CAR WAITING, I DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME BETWEEN CONT-!"

"Abby go get into the car." He whispered, trying not to let the person on the outher line here him.

--------------------------------------------