Breaking Part: Seven

"I know that you're afraid
to let all the dark escape
But we could let the light
illuminate these hopeless places"

SEVEN

By the time Tuesday came to an end, Ice was so thankful na ang dami niyang ginawa kaya hindi na niya masyadong naisip ang nangyari the day before but when she was finally alone, parang alon itong bumalik sa kanya.

She seldom checks her phone kahit na may messages ang friends niya.

Yesterday was... eventful.

Ice enjoyed it more that she expected and it ended in the way she didn’t expect.

After eating, pumunta sila sa District para mag "chill". Uno still tagged along. Mukhang wala naman itong paki alam while Ice and Dos talked.

All Uno really wanted was to eat kaya ito sumunod sa restaurant.

Ice tried to brush away Uno's presence because the guy seem to have his own way of annoying her.

And Ice did not want to ruin something that was going well.

Dos, surprisingly, had a lot of stories to tell. Ice now knows why he's loved by so many people. Bukod sa magaling sa sports, he really knows how use his humor and charm.

Habang naglalakad sila kahapon, napapansin niyang may tumitingin sa kanila. Not really at her but the two boys.

Oh, and Dos really had a laugh that catches everyone's attention.

Sumasama lang si Ice sa gala ng college friends niya if she thinks she's been coped up at home for too long or if she wants the comforting presence of her friends.

Ibang iba ang friends niya sa kanya. Maiingay ang mga ito and marunong naman makisama si Ice. Ganon naman talaga diba? Sometimes you'd rather be with people different from you. Just so you can see the world through their eyes, hoping their optimism will rub off on you.

Tama nga si Ice. She's so drained after Dos said na kailangan na nitong bumalik sa SAU para sa isang pang klase. She felt a part of her head throbbing.

She gets migraines pag masyado siyang na expose sa mga amoy na di niya kaya. Like smoke, strong perfumes, even the heat.

In this case, na expose siya sa init. And hindi niya lang siguro nahanda ang sarili niya sa ganitong tipo ng lakad. Yeah it was chill but hindi nakipag cooperate ang katawan ni Ice.

"My schedule sucks." Dos complained for the nth time.

"Maikli lang naman ang second semester. It'll be over before you know it." Ice amended, awkwardly patting his shoulder.

Nalaman din kasi niyang hindi naiintindihan ni Dos ang concept ng personal space.

Papunta na sila sa parking lot kung nasaan ang sasakyan ng dalawa. Mabuti nang naisipan ni Dos na pumasok ng maaga kaya makaka alis na sila.

The throb in Ice's head seemed to increase. She needs to go home and rest bago pa ito lumala.

Pumikit sandali si Ice at huminga ng malalim.

"You okay, Isabelle Calypso?" Uno asked from behind.

"Will you quit calling me that!" Ice snapped. Because of her sudden movement, mas lalong sumakit ang ulo.

Tumawa naman ang magkapatid. They turned her name as a practical joke. All throughout the day, they keep calling her Isabelle Calypso whenever they get the chance.

Both of their laughs were cut off when Ice closed her eyes again. Mas sumasakit ang ulo niya hangga't exposed pa siya sa madaming tao, she becomes sensitive to noises too.