Prologue

Guess what I'm bringing back. I have special plans for this one.

//

Have you read those stories where the lonely, nerdy girl- who couldn't care less about love- falls for the most 'unexpected' person at their school? You know the big player at the school. The one who gets all the girls and even some guys.

Yet the girl- at first- hates the player and the player either hates the girl or doesn't know of her existence. That is until she has to tutor him or some dumb reason.

Well, that's kind of what happened to me. Except I'm a guy and the big player is a girl.

I wasn't a loser, new to the school, or one of the most popular people at school. I was just one of those guys that pretty much gets along with almost everyone.

I got a chance to date Aubrey Canden. The most popular girl at school, the one who has slept with almost every guy at school. Ridiculous? I know.

I thought that she had fallen for me. Me out of all guys. We began to date and for about a month and a half she had been different. No sleeping around, no cheating, nada. She had completely changed.

Or so I thought.

Until the night where I caught her and one of her 'ex-boyfriends' talking over a bet.

*

"I plan on breaking up with him later today. So I expect my hundred dollars by tomorrow." Aubrey said.

My heart dropped. One hundred dollars? This had to be some joke, right?

"Good. I'm tired of seeing my girl pretend to date some loser." Someone stated. That voice was all too familiar. It sounded like Austin's, Aubrey's ex. I had heard him several times before this day. Enough to know that it was in fact him.

Aubrey giggled, "I should get extra for going a little longer."

And then there was silence. I peered around the corner and spotted Austin and Aubrey making out. It was disgusting, seeing his hands around her waist and her arms around his neck. I cleared my throat. Nothing. They were in their own world together. My heart clenched a little more. I cleared my throat again. Still nothing.

Okay, seriously?, I thought. This time I kicked one of the lockers. Both Aubrey and Austin jumped away from one another and stared in my direction. Aubrey looked shocked and Austin just smirked.

"Glad I could get your attention." I sneered. I was hurt to be honest. I could feel my stomach churning and my heart clenching. I thought I had actually had her this whole time when, truth be told, I never really did.

Aubrey stifled a laugh, "Oh, uh, Liam, I was gonna tell you... I think we should see other people. It's just not really working out." She smiled as if I should be okay with it. How could someone be so cold? It was strange to see just how void her face was of regret. Actually, her face was blank of any trace of emotion. 

I clenched my jaw and took a step forward. "Don't do that. What the hell is going on?"

"Isn't it obvious? You got played, bro." Austin scoffed as if it were no big deal. He rolled his eyes and pushed up the sleeves on his shirt.

I glared at the both of them in disgust. This has to be a nightmare of some sort.

"Sorry. It was fun while it lasted." Aubrey shrugged before turning back towards Austin. My mind went blank and for a moment, it was as if everything had stopped completely. I thought maybe I would wake up, but no.

I just stood there, like an idiot, watching as they walked away. 

*

True, I was hurt. But I hid my emotions right there. I still loved her, surprisingly.

She toyed with me and now it's my turn to toy with her.

Revenge is so sweet.