1: Give Me Forever For a While

"Princess, you know you can't eat ice cream for breakfast."

"Yes, I can! You just won't let me," I pouted. "You did before."

"I know, Sweetheart, but it isn't good for you to do it every day. Plus, it was your birthday," he gave me that warm smile that could light up a black hole.

"Dad, I promise I won't get any cavities this time!" I smiled, just to put my 'pearly whites' on display.

He laughed. "I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. Only a scoop, then you have to eat real food."

"You're so mean!" I sighed ridiculously loudly. "I thought you loved me."

"Rosalie Grace, don't you ever say something like that to your father ever again. He put a roof over your head, and I expect you to give at least a bit of respect for that," my mother scolded me.

I apologized. I still got my ice cream, though, so I was happy.

I was happy.

E N D O F F L A S H B A C K

11:58 pm

"Get it through your head, Rosalie Grace. He's gone. Obviously, you are too," my best friend, Silena, told me.

My tear stained cheeks were burning. I didn't know how to react anymore. I opened my mouth to say something, but my words were silenced--my screams came out in whispers.

"Well?" she scoffed. "God, I don't even think I know you anymore."

My breathing hitched. I didn't know myself, so how could she?

"I'm sorry." My words came out short and groggy. I didn't want to break down in front of her, especially when most of this was mainly my fault. I hated this. The empty feeling in my stomach, the lump that was in my throat, the fact that my best friend was practically screaming at me—everything. The worst thing is, is that I couldnt do anything about it.

Why is she mad at me?

Easy. Her boyfriend dumped her.

How is that my fault?

He was supposedly cheating on her. With me. Which, by the way, isnt true. So thats what brings me here—broken, sad, angry. A very, very sad sixteen-year-old girl that just so happens to be named Rosalie Natalia Grace.

Silena bit her lip. So youre sorry. You admit it? Tears were forming in her eyes.

Wow. No. Did I say that? Im pretty sure I didnt, I said, raising my voice. I never would want to mess with your boyfriend, ever. Hes a pig.

Youre obviously not any better! You cant even keep from whoring yourself around long enough to remember what you actually are—a slut, she spat.

The venom in her voice was bitter. Threatening, even. Tears were streaming down my face. Silena Morales, my best friend. The only amiga Id had since second grade. And now, here she was, calling me a slut.

Oh, I was too busy whoring around that I forgot to even mention that I was the only reason she had gotten a boyfriend in the first place.

I remember her saying to me, Ashton Harkins is so hot, and literally sounded like the most basic bitch in the entire world. Good times.

I was broken apart from my thoughts when she clapped her hands to get my attention.

Do you even care? Or are you off in your own fairytale world again where everyone likes you? Wait, are you fantasizing your night with Ash again? Because, Honey, wake up. It will never happen-

Shut up. Seriously, just stop talking, I interrupted her. I was tired. Not only of her or her words along with sleep deprivation, but rather the thought that everything was my fault. I know Id said it before, but I hadnt actually thought about it too deeply.

She rolled her eyes, slinging her backpack over her shoulder. Whatever. If you come to your senses, talk to me. Not over the phone, either. Make it soon, Rose, or else this whole, friendship, idea is over.

Ouch. That one stung a bit. Actually, a lot. I figured I had cried enough, so instead of falling apart more I just stared blankly at the empty space where my best friend had been.

Well, this is it. I told myself. I just got dropped.

As cliché as it sounded, it was true. Very true; unlike the rumors that had even started this mess.

I sighed, standing up from the chair that was currently perched in my brothers room since it was the only one with sound-proof walls. I dragged it out into the hallway that was lined with our family pictures. Well, our old ones, anyway. On the left one, a black-framed picture hung with three people hugging. That was one of the many pictures we had that wasnt professionally photographed.

I was in the middle with my mother named Katlynn to the left of me. I wore my basic black skinny jeans and a blue band tee, while Mom wore a casual brown sweater and a pair of leggings. My dark brown hair was thrown into a messy bun, and Moms was down as usual.

On my right, stood my dad. His sea green eyes sparkled in that picture. I looked mostly like him, eyes included. I have Moms nose, though, and ears. I got my dads eyes and dark hair. Definitely my moms height, though. Dad was giving the camera his world famous smile that I had come to love. It was his smile that would always be the hardest to get over—and the one that would be missed most. Nathaniel Woods is his name.

He had left by the time I was thirteen. Today, four years ago. I was talking about him before Silena lashed out on me, so thats how he was relevant to the conversation. Of course, hell always be relevant to me, but thats just how it went. Of course, apparently his death was my fault in Silenas eyes. But thats okay, Ill be fine. Ill get more into his story later on.

I sniffled and pulled a piece of my hair behind my ear. I figured that Id be chewed out by my step-father, Gabe, if I didnt put the chair back—so I picked it up and brought it back into the kitchen. Our kitchen wasnt huge, but it had some decent size to it. We had a white fridge with counters all around it, hard-topped with ivory granite. It would look nice, if Gabe wouldnt throw his old Vodka bottles all over the place.

I looked at my phone, and saw that there were four unread messages from my boyfriend. The time read 12:24, so I decided to sleep on what Silena had said. That way, I wouldnt feel so bad about it the next morning. Hopefully.

___________________-___________________________-_________________________-_______________________________-___

Um, for some reason, the "End Of Flashback" part is being weird for phones. I'll try to fix it, but I can't make any promises.

Sorry for the slow/boring chapter! I know it's kind of short, but, I tried.

Check out my other account! @diamondbbbbb

(Five Bs)

\\Thanks\\ C:

//For//

\\Reading\\