Welcome to Asgard

***A/n: I was sleep deprived when I wrote this. I'm sorry if it's not as good. Also, the chapters are very slow right now, hopefully they'll pick up the pace soon. I hope you enjoy!***

[Y/n] - Your name, character name

There was a bright flash of light that surrounded us. I closed my eyes due to the brightness and wrapped my arms tightly around Loki's torso as we begin to be pulled from the ground. He glanced down at me still quite irritated. There was never a human quite as provoking as I was to him. He could think of a few Asgardians, but none could get a rise out of him so easily. None would have been able to make him turn himself in to Odin so easily. Such a thoughtless decision. He sighed before looking away and settling an arm around my shoulder. A few more seconds go by before he speaks up.

"It's all right to open your eyes. It might be the only time you see something like this."

I hesitate because this could just be a ploy to blind me. It sounds like something he would do. Besides, why would he want to do something nice-

"Stop overthinking it", he interrupts my thoughts, "Just open your eyes."

I finally concede to his insistence and slowly open my eyes. I was glad I did. My eyes widened as I took in the quickly passing lights of the many galaxies just outside the rainbow of light that surrounded and contained us. Loki didn't have to look at me to tell that I was excited, he could feel it, in the way my excited hands gripped onto his clothing. My awe and amazement were almost infectious, but he forced himself not to care so much. He broke a small smile when he looked at me but quickly and subtly looked away again.

Just as quickly as it began, it was over. We were suddenly tossed out of the portal. My feet touched the ground, but my legs didn't adjust as quickly as they needed to. I stumbled and pulled Loki down with me. He was completely caught by surprise and before he knew it, he found himself on the floor. I caught my balance on the stairs and it took my eyes a while to adjust to the change in light intensity. The room was much dimmer than the light we were just thrown out of. Loki was already fine, but he was extremely confused as to how he ended up on the floor and I was up. He moved to get up and watched me as my eyes travel around the room with moving parts in wonder. He tore his eyes from me when the man standing at the top of the stairs removed the sword from its home and held it defensively as he moved towards Loki. "Why do you come here," The low baritone sound of the man broke through the air, "with that mortal girl?"

I am caught off-guard and jump at his voice. Turning around I see a brilliantly dressed man walking towards Loki as my companion moves back slowly lifting his hands just barely above his head.

"It's great to see you again too, Heimdall." Loki offers.

I look at him with surprise. Heimdall? Like from the Norse Mythology, guardian of the gods and the Bifrost, Heimdall? That would mean that Loki brought us to...

"Yes, child." Heimdall glanced at me, "You are in Asgard."

Loki nods over to me, "Well, we certainly know that she has done her research."

I look at them wide eyed, "Oh God... I said that out loud?"

Heimdall returns his attention to the trickster in front of him before turning to address the actual Asgardian prince who was caught in the process of a sneak attack but quickly retreats. I chuckle at the sight from my seemingly safe place by the stairs.

"You have returned, unarmed and with a human. Whatever tricks you plan, they will not end well for you." Heimdall drops his defense but keeps a trained eye on him.

Loki nods and moves towards me, "It was simply a mistake. I don't want to be here any more than you want me here, but" he gestures to me and stands beside me, my eyes following him, "I had a very interestingly annoying woman to please."

Already used to his taunts, I look from him to Heimdall as he speaks, confused. "You would throw away your freedom, to please this girl?"

He looks down at me and my eyes meet his. Loki was at a loss for words. He couldn't explain, even to himself, why he made such a bad call. He didn't know why he kept this girl around. He didn't really trust me. He doesn't even know my name. His green eyes looked so unsure as he said, "Send us back."

I furrow my eyebrows at his request. "To earth?", I question him. His silence answered for him. I continue, "If we go back there, neither of us will have our freedom. And who knows what they'll do to me."

His face contorts in anger as he hisses, "No one asked you to step in and put that small fragile neck of yours on the line. Imagine what they might do to me here."

I gawk at his hypocrisy, "You probably deserve it. And no one asked you to bring us here of all places."

He watches me as I press on, "Besides, what about our agreement?"

He goes to make a rebuttal, but I cut him off, quietly looking away, "We're running out of time..."

He went silent, realizing that he was right to think I wasn't telling him everything. Heimdall watched on finding interest in me. I quickly turn my head to Heimdall and move toward him. "The Bifrost is a connection to every realm, right?"

"Yes." He answers simply.

"Then, if you send us anywhere, don't let it be earth." My eyes plead with him and Loki watches from his spot. Heimdall's face, usually expressionless, twisted just slightly with confusion. Before any of us could say any more, in a symphony of moving armor and marching feet, a booming voice grabbed our attention.

"No one in this room will be sent anywhere, except the dungeons."

Even though I was startled, I was able to catch the curses under Loki's breath. Heimdall bows his head and I finally look at the man standing in front of the guards. He was older, and his presence demanded respect. But his most telling feature, the eyepatch.

"You're Odin...", I nearly whisper.

His attention turns to me. I had never been under the gaze of a man this intimidating. I quickly apologize, bowing my head. "I'm sorry. I have this tendency of thinking out loud."

He nods to me slightly and moves further into the room, passing by Heimdall and me. He stops in front of Loki and we both turn our attentions to them. I noticed that Loki was the most uncomfortable I had ever seen him, but he did not bow, and he kept silent. Odin kept his eyes on Loki and he gestured for one of the guards. One of the men walked past us and handed Odin a pair of restraints. Loki hesitantly complied with his father's silent orders and held out his wrists. Heimdall walks up to stand next to me and I break my attention to look at him. He kept his eyes forward and I look back in that direction. Odin had whispered something into Loki's ear, but I couldn't tell what it could have been from his reaction-less response. Seconds later, a few more guards walk past us, and grab Loki as Odin leads the way out. Loki only glances at me as he passes me, and I turn to follow, not really knowing what was going on. Before I could walk away, Heimdall turns to me and says my name.

"[Y/n], welcome to Asgard."

He sends me a gentle smile, amusement, and sympathy in his honey colored eyes. I smile back at him and quietly say thank you. It was reassuring to know that for me there would be at least one friendly. The same could not be said for Loki as I walk behind the group that surrounds the restrained Asgardian.