An Angel's Secret

*Flashback*

? POV

Two children were running through pitch black tunnels hoping to escape from this damned hellhole. The smell of rotten flesh made me feel the cruelness of humanity, the helpless of reality and how truly weak I was.

“Onii-chan….. I ..can’t ..run.. anymore…”

There she was, the girl that I came to love as my sister, her time running out as the fire in her heart was slowly dying out each minute and there was nothing I could do to save her. Nothing…

From then on, I swore to never get close to anyone, closing off my emotions and feelings while I never got rid of the tragic memory that haunted me every single night in my sleep.

*End of Flashback*

Tsubasa’s POV

“Rough or smooth? Hurry up yeah I hate wasting time on people like you” I muttered hiding my face with my bangs.

“Humph! You insolent commoner! You will bow down to me as I am way more superior to you! Hmm.. .How about this, let’s make a bet! If I win you will become my loyal servant for the rest of your life and if you win I’ll leave you alone for the rest of the year!” Shinya declared pointing at me with her chin held up high

‘This girl is so annoying…  All I want to do is go home and sleep, why did I have to transfer to this troublesome school anyways?’

“Fine. I don’t care anyways, Will you start the F***king game?” I growled

“Humph! Good! You will lose you little wench! I choose smooth!”

I span my racket and it landed on smooth, “you serve first I guess” handing the tennis ball to her.

She smirked at me bouncing the tennis ball; I sighed and muttered in English “how troublesome…”

‘I guess I’ll have to finish this in 8 minutes, I can’t show everyone the extent of my powers’

“15 love to Shinya-san” the referee shouted out astonished by the speed of the ball and the strength of how it made a dent in the court.

“Che… So her power is based on speed and power I see. This might take longer than 8 minutes” I murmured

Shinya’s POV

‘This will be easy! That b**** will pay for underestimating me!’

“Heh.. So that’s your power…” She mumbled

“15-15!” the referred announced!

There were sounds of bewilderment and shock evident on the audience’s faces; I stood there frozen on the spot.

“What just happened…?” I whispered gaping at the neon-green tennis ball behind me.

 “Oi!! Aren’t you going to continue serving Shinya or are you scared?” the new girl sadistically asked

“How insolent! Calling me without an address! Of course I’m not scared I was merely surprised that you even have powers!” I screeched

*3 minutes later*

I was sweating to death and my muscles were aching around my body, I looked at the girl and saw her not even breaking a sweat! ‘How is this possible?!  I am impossible to defeat in the game of tennis! I even won the nationals using 50% of my powers but now I am facing this girl with my entire limit!’

“Match point! 0-40!” the referee yelled baffled at the fact that my knees were trembling uncontrollably while the new girl was just calm and nonchalant,  getting ready to serve.

“Who is this girl?” “Way to go Tsubasa-chin!” “I can’t believe THAT Shinya-san is losing.” people chattered amused by the fact that I was actually losing to someone who transferred to this school today.

“Let me show you why you shouldn’t underestimate people, right Shinya?” she declared as she held her racket in a graceful stance and threw the ball in the air.

“Phantom Eclipse!” She exclaimed as the ball disappeared from my view and appeared right behind in a second. I went down to my knees and dropped my racket to the ground with a defeated and lifeless look on my face.

“Game and match, to Tsubasa Nemori!”

Claps and whistles were heard from the audience as she walked out of the court, ‘How could she do this to me?! You will pay for this new girl! I will have my revenge…’

Tsubasa’s POV

I walked out of the court when I finally finished my match with that annoying girl, ‘That only took 10 minutes, I really need something to drink now..’

“Well Done Tsubasa-chin! That was a great match! I can’t believe you beat Shinya-san!” Amaya-san congratulated with a wide grin on her face

“Thanks… I really need a drink now..” I muttered as I studied the looks of pure amazement and amusement on everyone’s faces.

I noticed that the Ren guy was looking at me with interest when I took off my power limiter, ‘Did he notice? I hope not but he looks really familiar to me… Where have I seen him before?’

*TIME SKIP*

It was finally the end of my first day at this weird school, for the rest of the day people were just staring at me with clear curiosity in their eyes that irritated me to no end.

‘That was so tiring, I hope nothing else happens that makes me expose my true potential even thought that really wasn’t much.’

I collapsed on my fluffy bed as I put my headphones on with my favourite music.

An Angel’s Secret…….

__

That's the end of this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! I am very sorry that I took long to update, it was due to the fact that I had a writer's block and I couldn't find much inspiration until I read an amazing book on FanFiction. Oh and btw the picture on the side is Shinya Temari.