VI

The night was fading. A soft breeze flew quietly past many skyscrapers that scattered the city. Tall, full of life and chatter. Nightlife was always such a magical moment. The rush felt during the day slowly dissolved into a serene silence, the hustle and bustle of people is reduced to laughter and love, heartache and pain.

Taehyung felt only one of those emotions. Heartache. How it consumed his whole entire being. How he loathed it with his whole soul.

There was nothing peaceful about the nighttime to Taehyung, he only felt chaos and destruction, the night was a moment he feared. It was a slow morning today, Seokjin had gone to work in the early hours of sunrise and had left Taehyung with numerous chores. He was tired after it all, and Seokjin giving him a lecture about Hoseok only made the day more tiresome.

Seeing Hoseok only added to it all.

So it was needless to say that Taehyung was drowsy. The inability to keep his eyes open gave that away. Yet his mind was still awake, racing.

Hoseok. Where did he sleep last night? Did he stare up at the moon before sleep consumed him? Did the sun greet him with a bright smile, him returning the gesture with a smile, his earth coloured eyes turning into crescent moons as he did so?

Was his first thought Taehyung? Did he ever wonder if Taehyung still loved him?

The only memory that remained in Taehyung's mind was Hoseok's tear stained cheeks, his voice breaking, repeating his name over and over and over again.

"Can't you hear him crying Taehyung?" Taehyung gazed into the horizon. "Can't you hear him? Taehyung! Can't you hear him crying? Hey!" Suddenly he was cut from the sleep deprived trance he was having, Seokjin's warm hand lightly squeezing his shoulder.

"Can't you hear him? He's crying!" Taehyung turned to face Jin.

"What?"

"The baby? Can't you hear him crying?" Seokjin's face was full of enthusiasm, which Taehyung found unnerving.

"That sounds mildly terrifying, and no." Taehyung replied, turning to face the horizon once again. The sky slowly turning a warm apricot full of light blue hues.

"Oh come on, Im not trying to sound creepy. The new neighbours, they have a baby. Maybe we should give them a casserole or something, whatever people do for neighbours these days."

"You know Seokjin, your obsession with children is very off-putting." Taehyung mumbled with a slight smirk.

"I don't know Taehyung, I think girls would love that sort of thing in a man." Seokjin muttered with a cheeky grin. He made his way inside, scratching his back and mumbling about the cold weather. Taehyung followed.

"Wipe that smirk off of your face, you came back quite late last night, where were you?" Seokjin questioned with furrowed brows. Taehyung walked past him and switched the kettle on.

"Out, I was trying to gather my thoughts."

"Oh really? Because I remember asking a certain someone to get me a few emergency ingredients for dinner." Seokjin leaned on the kitchen table, folding his arms.

"Oh shit, I'm-I'm so sorry I-"

"Don't worry, I had something to eat last night. I'm more worried about you? Did you eat? Did you meet up with someone, anyone for God's sake?"

Taehyung grinned.

"Are you hoping to get rid of me?" He questioned.

"Hopefully yes, and you won't be this...whatever this is." Seokjin mumbled under his breath, flailing his arms like a mad person. Taehyung laughed.

"Uh...no, I just, I just wanted some peace I guess." He mumbled, the mention of seeing Hoseok on the tip of his tongue.

"And some sleep I'm guessing?" Seokjin inquired, walking past Taehyung towards the kettle and picking it up.

"Hey that wasn't finished!"

"There is no water in it you idiot. You don't need coffee or tea for that matter, maybe some sleep instead." Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked off towards his room.

"I won't be able to handle this for long." Jin whispered to himself. "I mean come on, who does he think he is? Of course I will know when the idiot has encountered Hoseok, I mean it isn't hard to tell." He muttered, filling the kettle with water. "I can't believe I'm talking to myself, God I'm going to lose it."

♢♢♢

coooooooooool

d.w