Chapter 1: Help

3rd person POV

Hermione jean granger was in battle. She was surrounded with friends and foes all fighting for their lives and their cause.

She was dueling with another death eater. He was powerful but no match for the brightest witch of her age. Hermione ducked and shot out any spell she knew and remembered. The death eater shot the death spell her way but she was Too fast for him. She ducked and pointed her wand at him shouting 'Stupefy!'

He failed to block the spell And got hit The impact sent him off his feet and he hit the ground with a hollow thud. He fell still and unconscious. She smirked over him and felt a small moment of victory. At that moment she thought that maybe they actually could win this war.

She felt someone watching her and turned to see the love of her life grinning at her. She smiled and chuckled. Of course he was watching her. They had already been separated for almost a year and she wouldn't be surprised if he wanted her to already be in his arms.

In that moment she didn't notice a death eater to her side aiming for the wall behind her and only when she heard Fred scream did she notice the wall above her tumbling down.

She gasped in shock and raised her arms to brace herself . Not that it would do any good but in that moment but she couldn't really do anything else. The pendant around her neck suddenly felt heavy against her chest and the only thought in her mind was her love when she got ready for what she thought was the end.

Fred POV

I finished off another death eater and turned to my beautiful Mia. We were battling side by side in this desperate war. She battled off another death eater and turned to face me too. I grinned and she chuckled. Upon seeing her smile, My heart melted. I've missed her so very much. After almost a year being apart I couldn't wait for her to be in my arms again. I'm such a lucky bloke to have landed with this headstrong,independent, beautiful lady.

But right then I saw A death eater at her side her aiming for the wall behind her. And Before I could stop him, the wall got shot down and was tumbling towards Mia. Without a second thought, I ran to her and screamed 'MIA GET OUT OF THE BLOODY WAY!'

I ran as fast as I could and got to her just in time. I threw myself toward her, pushing her out of the way and taking her place. I looked up and saw her shocked, beautiful face one more time. But At that moment I felt the pendant around my wrist become heavy and cold against my skin but before I could look , everything turned black.

Hermione POV

The impact I expected was replaced by a push and me falling towards the side. I looked up to see Fred has pushed me out of the way and before he was covered in rubble, he gave me one last look and then disappeared under.

'FRED!' I shrieked. Tears fell out of my eyes as I ran towards the wall. Everything seemed to freeze and the war seemed to have disappeared around me. 'Wingardium Leviosa!' I screamed and the rocks and concrete floated up and away leaving an unconscious Fred Weasley.

I ran to him and cried 'FRED! NO!'

Tears streamed down my face as I reached towards him. My fingers touched the side of his cold neck and desperately felt for a pulse. But I felt nothing. I couldn't believe it. He was gone.