C H A P T E R | 43

Hera's POV

Six days have gone by since I caused that pain to myself and I feel a lot better. My hormones are everywhere, just like Dante has been this past week. He's trying to keep me safe, but he has to do Kingdom work. I see him less and less every month, it's sad. All I can think about is his scar- he large one on his back. He hasn't told me about it yet and I'm overly curious about what had happened for a scar to be that big.

At nighttime, we both laid down, but I just couldn't get comfortable- It was practically impossible. Dante was sleeping like a rock, so he didn't notice that I was rolling around and moving the pillows so I could get comfy. Ugh! Why is pregnancy so annoying? I wish this thing was just out already!

I laid on my side, my leg up on Dante's waist while my back was arched. FINALLY- COMFORT!

-

Once I woke up, I was overly hungry and uncomfortable. Dante was still sleeping, but I didn't want to wake him up with my loud grunting and bone cracking. I carefully sat up, cracking my neck and back. Damn, it felt good to just release all of the tension.

While I was waddling down to the kitchen, Dante walked up behind me and slid his hands around my bump. "You're too pregnant, just lay back and let me do everything, baby." He whispered, hugging me from behind.

"I am capable on my own," I replied, leaning my head back and letting him kiss my shoulders.

"I doubt that. You were waddling down here like a penguin and only made it halfway. Let me help you." He whispered, holding me tight. I smiled, relaxing my shoulders. "What do you want to eat?"

"I don't know. I'm in the mood for dill but also ice cream." I mumbled, not wanting to leave his hold. His big lips sent shivers down my spine as he kissed my throat, holding me like he never ever wanted to let go.

"Okay, I'll go see what I can make." He smiled, slowly walking with me to the kitchen/dining room. His hands were on my back and belly, ushering me to the dining table so he could make me some food.

I tried sitting in the booth at the dining table, but my bump was too big. So I kept trying, wanting to sit on the cushion instead of the cold and hard dining chairs that we have. "Damnit!" I shouted, pulling out a chair and sitting on that instead. I pouted, holding my head up by my head- "Ow!" I groaned, rubbing my huge bump. I felt my stomach go through a major contraction, my muscles stiff and in horrible pain.

"Are you okay, baby?" He asked, handing me a jar of dill pickles and a tub of chocolate ice cream.

"I'm fine, the baby is hungry." I smiled, popping open the jar and taking out a glorious pickle. I love pickles, they're just so damn good for any occasion or any time of the day. Nobody could ever go wrong when they have a jar of dill pickles with them, it was just impossible.

After about two hours of binge eating until I was full, I had to pee... Really badly. "Let me carry you," Dante offered, helping me up and steadying me.

"I'm not a baby," I groaned, holding my bump in my arms and clenching my teeth as I went through another contraction. His hand gently caressed my back, holding me upright. "Just walk with me. Please." I said through clenched teeth. The pain was almost unbearable.

"Of course, Mi Amor." He replied, almost worriedly. I slowly waddled down halfway to the bathroom before the clenching pain stopped and a liquid burst from between my thighs. "If you just let me carry you, we wouldn't be in the position." Dante sighed, kissing my cheek. I was in a long shirt, without underwear, so I knew it wasn't pee...

"Dante..." I mumbled, grabbing a hold of his hand. "T-the baby! I- It's coming!" I freaked out as Dante stood there, barely even registering what I had said. I slapped his shoulder, "Well don't just stand there! Take me to the infirmary!" I shouted, keening in pain as the baby slowly stretched me.