C H A P T E R | 55

^^^. NICOLAI. 😍🔥

Hera's POV

I have stopped drawing tags on the wall, so I don't know how long it has been, but the people here are starting to trust me a little more. Like, letting me go around my cell for little walks, still cuffed and surrounded my guards, but it's nice. Sometimes, they let me sit down at a table and serve me, but it's very unusual. They gave me a sketchbook and some colors and pens to use when I'm bored, but I'm often caught drawing the face of the man I love. They don't mind, as long as I listen and eat, they're okay with what I do. The gross part is, I haven't showered since the day that I was kidnapped and I don't have a change of clothes. I don't even look at the underwear anymore, it's revolting. There are a lot more people here than I thought, probably over 200. It's like an underground town.

The guard's name is Nicolai and he's pretty nice. Sometimes, he stays in my cell to keep me company for a little bit before he returns to his duty. I'm still miserable, but at least I can talk to someone and do things. He told me he was a friend, but I still see him as a foe for when he threatened my child and would beat me. I have scars from it, nobody could see them though because they're in my heart. I won't ever be able to forget what these people have done to and for me, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Nicolai decided to take me somewhere, but I'm terrified. I don't know what someone like him could do to someone like me. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I hope it's something good, I've been a good girl lately, not causing any trouble and doing as I was told. But by the happy grin on his face, I'm guessing it's something good.

Of course, he cuffed me, blindfolded me, and held my arm tight, but that was just to make sure I didn't do anything stupid. I felt, almost angelic as I stepped foot on something ticklish and cold against my feet. The air was cold but fresh, I could breathe happily. In a matter of minutes, he slowly took the blindfold off. "Woah," I muttered, happiness coursing through my veins. A room. A real room. Not a cell.

An underground room with white walls, a bed- a soft bed, a window- barred up though, a bathroom, a desk, carpet, a living room! "This could all be yours, but you have to do one thing." I turned around, nodding excitedly as my smile grew. "You have to live in here with me." He shrugged. How can I do that? I-I love my mate and I'll never cheat on him!

"Okay," I lied, smiling and putting my hand out for him to shake, which he did. "No sex though-"

"Of course not. This is strictly professional," he laughed, ushering me in and unlocking the cuffs. "Go take a shower, then relax in the tub, you need it." He pointed to the bathroom, causing me to happily run in there. It was amazing, something I haven't done in a long time was bathe and I really needed to.

The warm water hit my chest, causing me to smile happily as dirt rubbed off. The water soothed my aching muscles, and soon enough, it filled my heart with happiness. I grabbed the bar of soap, lathering bubbles all over my body, washing the disgusting filth that was left on my body from weeks of being here. I cleaned my sensitive areas, letting me feel pure bliss and pleasure again.

Grabbing the shampoo, I squirted some into my hands, massaging my head with it. My hair has grown a lot, so the tangle and mess were unbearable. But I had a brush, so I could clean the gross mess out of my hair. I could only feel and smell the happiness of the shampoo and conditioner, it made me feel clean again.

Washing the conditioner out, I turned the shower off and grabbed a towel, drying myself off. Nicolai must have come in while I was showering, there was a pile of CLEAN clothes, folded up on the counter beside the sink. Clean underwear. Clean bra. Clean pants. Clean shirt. Clean socks. Clean sweater. I was happy, but not completely. I get to live again, but not with my mate.