Chapter 3

"Who the hell are you?" I say.
"Watch your tongue missy." She says as she frowns and puts her hands on her hips. "You should get changed then come back in with a new friendly attatude."
I roll my eyes and walk back down the hall of doors. I grab a door and walk in. I look around and realize this isn't my room. This room looks like mine just with purple walls, no posters and a large merl of the Effie Tower. In the middle is a girl. She has black hair that was blonde dip-dyed, blue braces and dimples.
"Oooooo another victim I see." She says.
"What do you mean? Who are you?" I question.
"I'm Harley." She says with a wide smile and holds out her hand to shake it. I take a step back and hand quickly puts her hand down. I look her up and down. When I look at her face I see she has a weirded out look on her face.
"What do you mean by victim?" I ask again
"You obviously don't understand. This lady , she tell you to call her 'mother', well pretends to be your mother. She knows everything you dream about and makes it real. Your room is your dream room, she takes you and gives you a new life. It's creepy but not half bad. You at least where brought with your friends, I was brought alone. I was the first here. By the way when I said victim I meant just the next person she brought here."
"So she is trying to be our mom?"
"Pretty much. It's not so bad really."
"Where is this place."
"In the middle of nowhere. No building within miles, I think. I've never been outside so I wouldn't know."
"How long have you been here?"
"Six months." She says calmly and starts to bite one of her nails. I talk a step back. Surprised that she has been away from family and friends for so long.
"Doesn't your family realize your missing?"
"No and neither will yours."
"My dad will come looking for me."
"I once saw her writing a letter that was addressed to a girls family that she had run off. It said that she got hit by a car and died. It mentioned something about her body being lost or burned so that the parents should go looking for her. " she leans in closer and whispers "this lady is crazy." She leans back and goes back to biting her long blue nails.
"So my dad will think I'm dead and that I'm not worth looking for?"
"Pretty much."
There was a long silence. I looked at Harley again and realize she has brown eyes. Just like mine.
"Haha like my eyes. I think you would have liked them before." She giggles
"Before?"
"Before I came here I had green brown eyes. She slowly makes all the girls look 'normal' and the boys 'normal'. If we all look normal the. If we do escape our parents can't tell who we are, we would just blend in with the rest of the world. It doesn't really make sense to me but to her its brilliant."
I close my eyes in frustration. This lady just kidnaps and changes us and for what? Joy?
"You'll get used to it. Just go back to your room. I'll see you later." She says after a long pause.
I start to walk out but when I open the door I stop and look back at her. That poor girl has been in here for far too long with that nut job. How did she possibly survive?
Turn around again and leave. When I find my room again I get dressed in grey leggings , maroon tank top and a jean cardigan. I walk into the bathroom to brush out my hair and realize that my blonde highlights I put in a few weeks ago are gone. I search my hair but they are gone. That Harley girl knew what she was talking about.
When I go back into the kitchen I see Mira, Evie Elana, Leo and Brett are already at the table. They all take a bite of a pancakes and I think Leo says something that makes everyone laugh. How could they be laughing in a time like this? I walk in when Evie sees me.
"Oh my god Clara! There you are! This lady makes good pancakes!" Evie says with a mouthful of pancakes. She stand up to show me a seat in the middle of her and Elana. She stumbles when she grabs my hand and I see that she is wearing silver heals. Her dad doesn't let her own any even though she loves them. She's wearing her signature tube top with shorts that are a little too short. We both sit down and the blonde lady sets down a stack of pancakes for me.
"Thank you ..." I say wondering what to call her.
"Mother." She says to finish my sentence. I turn my head to give her a look that says 'seriously?' But everyone continues to eat their pancakes. I take a bite of the pancakes. I close my eyes to saver the delicious pancakes that seems to melt in my mouth. This lady may be crazy but she make impressive pancakes.