Chap. 1: Who...are you?

Nightcore: Mad Hatter

"H-Hngh?"

Geno woke up in his room, he tried to sit up but pain shot down his spine. He groaned and laid back down.

"Lay down. Take it easy."

"W-Who are you?" Geno said narrowing his eyes, he swore he had heard the voice before.

He tried to focus on the figure, it was a bit blurry yet he realized it was a girl. Perhaps not much younger than him from her height.

"Why the hell are you in m-my house?"

"Oh!" She scoffed sarcastically, "It's totally not because I saved your fucking life."

Geno groaned in response the pain in his lower abdomen growing.

"Ah shit the spell's wearing off. I'm leaving, it should heal you in..." She tapped her chin thoughtfully, "3 hours, give or take."

And with that, she disappeared.

~Into hell~

Khloe teleported down in front of the large black castle. "What business do you have here." One of the guards said poking at her with his spear.

"Get out of my way," She growled glaring at him. He put his back in a defensive position. She pushed past him and walked into the castle, ignoring his frantic calls after her.

"Reaper!" She yelled, irritation coloring her tone as she threw open the doors of his office with a bang.

The man in question glanced up, adorned with a smirk. "Did you get the job done?"

"Yes."

"Good," Reaper turned away from her and stared out the window showing the absolutely 'Hellish' scenery.

"Then why did I sense your magic on a mortal." He dragged out the word, "mortal" with disgust though the smirk never left his face.

She hesitated, "I... I couldn't leave him to die."

"You watch people die everyday Khloe," He said grinning, already knowing the answer.

"What do you want with him Reaper?" She asked, coldly.

Reaper grinned, "I want to know how he escaped death."

It was true that the small mortal had sparked his interest, his soul hadn't shattered but had been left in half.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Tell him you're a demon," Reaper said simply, only semi-joking. "If he truly is your brother he wouldn't mind."

"He'll still hate me," Khloe muttered. "You've never cared for anyone other than yourself before. Why the interest?"

"Because he is still alive with half a soul," Reaper shrugged. There'd never been a human who'd existed without a full soul. "Bring him back for me."

Khloe frowned though she walked to the door before she paused and turned. "You're a bitch, you know?"

"I prefer the term 'sadist'."