Chapter 10

~Kyla~

Kyla dug through what she had left in her suitcase to try and find something to wear to this "party" tonight. She had no idea what everyone else would be wearing, but the fact that she had a cast on her leg and it was supposed to be close to 0 degrees outside tonight limited her options quite a bit.

She realized that at some point she was going to have to track down the rest of her things, especially if she was actually going to be staying with Blake, as in permanently living in his house. However that meant going down the path of seeing old things which would bring back old memories and Kyla wasn't sure she could deal with that just yet.

So that left her with a few pairs of all the essential items and not much else. She had been mooching off of Blake the past couple of days, borrowing t-shirts and old comfy sweatshirts to lounge around in.

Kyla gave up searching and threw what she had hastily thrown out of her suitcase back into a pile and slumped back against the wall in her room.

She still couldn't believe she had actually gone through with her plan to tell Blake about Kevin. It wasn't exactly a plan per se, but she had thought about it. The idea that something would happen or she would slip up and mention him on accident was definitely something Kyla didn't want to happen, so the thought of telling him all at once appealed to her.

The song was one that had been on her mind lately as well. It fit her situation perfectly because there was just so much about the end of their relationship that left Kyla feeling like she never knew him at all, despite the countless intimate moments and times in her life where she thought he was the only person who understood her.

That's how Kyla ended up telling him what she had. He now knew about the cheating and he knew about how Kevin had hurt her, but Blake hadn't been told the one thing Kyla could never admit to anybody. That was her secret, Kevin didn't even know the whole truth, so why should Blake?

Kyla closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the wall. This past week had changed every aspect of her life forever, and yet there were still some things she couldn't change no matter what she did. She could erase the past anymore than she could spread her wings and fly.

She was stuck in the present, forever running away from her troubles and hoping they didn't impact her future.

"Hey," Kyla heard Blake's voice as he came into her room.

"Hey," Kyla replied, not opening her eyes or doing anything.

Kyla heard Blake walk across the room and she felt his arm brush against hers as he sat down beside her, his back against the walls like hers.

"Whatchya doin'?" Blake asked, but Kyla didn't move.

There was so much on her mind that it felt like she couldn't do anything else but think. There were so many questions and concerns and just plain worries that were swarming around in her head that having a simple conversation with Blake right now seemed impossible.

"I could leave and come back..." Blake suggested after an awkward silence.

"No I don't want you to leave," Kyla said, almost too quickly. She sounded desperate to her own ears and it made her cringe to think about what she sounded like to Blake.

"Okay..." Blake replied, not knowing how to respond to her.

"I need you to stay and distract me," Kyla told him, opening her eyes at the realization of just what she needed.

Blake looked confused the moment the words were out of her mouth.

"Yes, tonight...tonight we are going to have so much fun! Do you want to have fun with me Blake?" Kyla asked him, her voice higher pitched than usual.