Chapter two

Cordelia's POV.

He just stared at me as I stood in front of him like an idiot. His lips curved up in a smirk. He knew that I wasn't capable of doing anything, but I have to do something, I can't let my boutique close. Not now.

"Try as much as you can, Miss Salve. I'm not going to change my decision." His words hit me hard. I don't know what to do.

I can't leave. Cause if I do then he'll have the opportunity to close down my boutique in seconds. I'm aware of the power he holds. And I'm also aware that it's useless to just stand here.

"I'm not backing down on my decision either, Mr. Romano." I spit out, and I feel like that really angered him, cause he grunted and looked away. His eyes filled with anger. I'm going to die.

Right then, the door bursts open, an elderly woman probably in her late fifties enters, though she looks like she's 50 her body is still fit and lean. Her posture straight, her black hair tied up in a neat bun. Wrinkles clear and visible on her face, she smiles when she finds Mr Romano. But when she looks at me, her face twists in confusion.

"Ace, who's this young lady?" She asks, the way she says his name makes me feel like she's his mother.

"No one. I'll be outside in a minute." He says, his face softens when he looks at the woman. This must be his mom.

"What's your name?" She asks me. Her eyes dart up and down my body, this is making me nervous.

"Cordelia Salve." I answer.

The woman gasps. "The one who owns the boutique? Oh my god! I'm a big fan of your designs." She says smiling and approaching me.

My nervousness turns into happiness. I smile widely at her. She shakes my hand. "Really? Thank you so much, ma'am."

"Oh don't call me ma'am. My name is Cristina. You can call me cristy. I'm Ace's mom." She replies.

"And What brings you here?" She asks.

My eyes find Ace. He's already staring at me, more like glaring at me. He gives me the don't-you-dare-Tell-my-mom look. I smirk. I guess this is my chance.

"I'm here because your son is going to close down my boutique." I say, her eyes dart to Ace and she glares at him.

"Ace." She says, her voice is the warning tone. It's that tone that mothers use when their child does something wrong, like steal a chocolate bar from the fridge. I used to do that a lot.

"Mom, please j-"

"Nope. I'm not going to take any excuses mister. You are not supposed to do that to such a pretty girl like her. Her designs are fabulous, and you aren't going to close her boutique down. In fact she is going to help me in Amelia's wedding." She says and I look at her in shock.

"Yes. I'm hiring you to make the best gown for my daughters wedding." She says, looking at me. Man, she's dead serious about this.

"Mom-"

"No no. I'm not hearing anything. I have to leave now, since I have to meet your aunt. But here's my Number Cordelia, call me at 5 and we'll discuss about it." She says as she hands me a card. I nod at her with a huge smile on my face.

"Thank you, ma- I mean cristy."

She chuckles and smiles at me.

"Okay bye, Ace. And be good to her." She says as she leaves the office.

Complete silence falls over the room. I can feel his intense gaze on me.

"You'll not get away with this, Cordelia." Ace spits out.

I give him my polite smile, "I know, Ace." I say his name and he glares at me.

The hatred between us is so strong.

I didn't say anything else and left his office. A big smile spread on my face when I stepped outside the building. I saved my boutique! Yes!

When I reached back to my boutique. Everything seemed fine, I guess Clara is doing a good job.

Clara comes out of the office and as soon as she sees me she smiles. I smile back and approach her.

"Why did you suddenly leave, Cordy?" Clara asks.

"Oh you know the thing. That so called CEO wanted to close down my boutique. I stopped that from happening. Well it was clearly not me, but his mother." I say.

"What do you mean?" She asks, her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

I tell her about what happened and she seems interested to know more.

"Then what happened?" She asks.

"Nothing. I left his office." I say as I look away at the customers picking clothes out.

"He seems rude." Someone said from behind me.

I look back to find Sofia. Sofia is a coworker just like Clara. They both are the same age with black hair.

Clara has hazel eyes while Sofia has black eyes. Both their features make them look beautiful. While I have light brown eyes which kind of look like golden eyes. Every single person I meet tells me that my eye color looks like gold. Well that's why I kept my boutique's name 'Gold'.

And something tells me that Mr Ace Romano kept his companies name 'Blue' because he has blue eyes.

It's just a feeling. Or a silly theory of mine.

"Believe me, he would get the award of the most rudest person the world, if that ever existed." I say, Sofia chuckles.

"Well then, lets get to work. I can't handle all of the customers by myself." Sofia says. I nod at her and we all start working once again.

At exactly 5pm, the entrance door opened and the devil himself entered my boutique.

That's right, Mr. Ace Romano himself entered my boutique, and yes he is staring directly at me.

I freaking hate karma.

-------------------
Yes I'm a Canadian and yes I'm terribly sorry, so so sorry for not updating for like 3 or 4 months, I know it has been forever since I updated this book.

I'm seriously guilty. Don't kill me though, please. I come in peace.

Peace!
P.S I hope you like the chapter :)