Chapter Six

Disclaimer; I don't own Percy Jackson and the Olympian's by rick riordan. I only own Arielle and my Plotting.

       Grover obviously smelled something, percy would occasionally glance over his shoulder. Grover could smell monsters, that much I knew from my experience. Ever since I've met him, that is. We boarded the bus, and to my relief we found seats in the very back, so we could all sit together. We stowed away our backpacks, though I was careful to put my drachmas in my pocket. I completely forgot about my money though. I glanced up once Annabeth said Percy's name in panic. That's when I saw them. The three Kindly Ones, the furies. All three together at once. They sat in the front seats directly behind the driver of the bus. Two of the Kindly Ones, (there's power in a name, of course, so nobody uses their real name.) made an X onto the walkway. One clear message: Nobody leaves.

"She didn't stay dead long," percy noted, "I thought you said they could be dispelled for a lifetime." He said, stating it towards Annabeth.

"I said If you're lucky. Which you're obviously not." Annabeth said.

  "All three of them." Grover said, "Di immortales!"

We soon found out that the windows do not open, there isn't no back exit, and soon we would plunge into darkness. Heading straight for the Lincoln Tunnel. It was looking pretty grim for us. If only my sister was here, Talia was really brave. I had to stop myself from thinking about her. I couldn't let my head get foggy with memories, I even had to make sure to not think of Luke while on this quest. I had to have a clear mind, otherwise I'd get us all killed, and that wasn't what I wanted.

  "They won't attack us with witnesses around," percy said, "will they?"

"I don't know, mortals don't really have good eyes. They only process what it shows through the mist. Mist is a pretty powerful thing.." I told him, though I don't think it made any of us feel better.

"They'll see three old ladies killing us, won't they?" Percy asked. He was obviously scared, which I couldn't blame him.

  "Hard to say. But we can't count on mortals for help, maybe an emergency exit in the roof?" Annabeth said, obviously trying to think strategically. But there wasn't really time for that, we hit the Lincoln tunnel. The only light was up and down the aisles. One of the Kindly Ones stood up, percy obviously recognized her, which probably meant that he had a run in with her. Possibly before he arrived to Camp.

  "I need to use the restroom." She announces to the entire bus.

"So do I." Said the second sister and the third in unison. We were about to be in super huge trouble.

"I've got it," Annabeth said, "Percy, take my hat."

"What?" He questioned.

   "You're the one they want. Turn invisible and go up the aisle. Let them pass you. Maybe you can get to the front and get away."

"ButArielle's scent, they'll surely notice her too?" Percy asked, which made me smile softly. Maybe he would make a good friend, that is if we make it out of this alive.

"Percy, we'll manage, just go. Now. We'll handle this." I spoke urgently to him, he must've figured that out because he reluctantly put on Annabeths yankee cap, and turned invisible.

My heart pounded when the first Kindly one stopped and sniffed the air. Right where I figured percy was. I almost let out a sigh of relief when she kept walking. Coming straight for Annabeth, Grover, and I. I sighed, this was going to be a long bus ride. Coming to a stop right next to us, the Kindly Ones kept their face, but their bodies became older, if possibly, with huge bat wings, and gargoyle looking claws. The handbags they held moments before were now fiery whips. Honestly, the sight terrified me, but I had to hold my ground. Protecting my friends was all that really mattered to me, even if I ended up dead.

  "Where is it? Where?" The furies screeched, making me want to stab them and get it over with.

"He's not here!" Annabeth yelled, "he's gone!"

   Not wanting to stand around without my weapon, I hit my bracelet against my wrist, it turned into my sword, Astrapì. Celestial bronze, perfect for killing monsters. Before I could think of lunging for the furies, I was thrown backwards, just in time for me to glance up at the front. The first thing I noticed was the driver seemed to be wrestling someone for the wheel.
Go percy! I thought to myself.

   Once the furies regained balance, they leapt at us. Annabeth and I slashed out with our weapons, and Grover threw tin cans at them. Which normally would make laugh, but I've lost motivation to laugh in battle. Especially against the furies.

   "Hey!" A voice, no Percy's voice called from the front of the bus. I almost groaned, but the furies took the bait, all three of them stalked up the aisle towards Percy. This really wasn't good, I sent a panic look towards annabeth before slightly walking forward. 

     "Perseus Jackson," the first Fury said. "You have offended the Gods. You shall die."

  "I liked you better as a math teacher." Percy sassed, which caused her to growl. Once Percy took out his sword, that was called Riptide in English, the furies hesitated.

  "Submit now," she hissed. "And you will not suffer eternal torment."

   "Nice try." Percy stated. Which even I had to admit the kid had some guts.

  "Percy, look out!" Annabeth cried out.

I only just then realized the Kindly Ones all lunged at percy. I acted before I could even really think, the only thought that that ran through my head was: Nobody hurts my friends.
Percy vaporized one of them, while I got the other. Annabeth held the first one down in a chokehold. Grover took her whip and tied it around her legs, locking her down while him and annabeth pushed her into the aisle. She couldn't get back up, which was definitely convenient for us.

  "Zeus will destroy you!" She promised us, especially Percy. "Hades will have your soul!"

Then Percy yelled "Eat my pants " in Greek, which was a weird insult, but I didn't think much of it. I was exhausted. Then before I could dwell anymore, thunder shook the bus and we all ran out into the sunlight, I didn't even think to put away my weapon. Some tourists snapped a picture of both Percy and I. Which I knew would end up to not being very good for the both of us.

"Our bags! We left our—" Grover realized, just a little to late.

   BOOM!

   The bus exploded as lightning created a crater on top of the roof of the bus. My first thought: my father just tried to kill me. But then we heard an angry wailing, the Fury was calling for reinforcements. We plunged into the woods, into the darkness.

Authors note: please read.

Please tell me how you're liking the story so far, I'd love to hear feedback. Thank you for reading, and I will hold Q&A for the characters if you all want to hear from them? Well my opinion of what they'd say, but yes. More of my ideas for the book will be used in the second book: Sea of monsters, but thank you for reading!
-Victoria ❤️