Part one: Christmas!

Chapter 1

(Dedicated to my parents, who gave me my first tablet.)

       It started on a bright, cheery Christmas day in the cold month of December. My siblings and I were all gathered around the sparkling radiance of the Christmas tree. We were all anxiously waiting for our parents to come so we could viciously tear wrapping paper off of our presents which were neatly stacked under the tree.

        We were so patient as our parents took their time to walk down the stairs. Finally as if we had been waiting ages for this one moment, we screamed in joy as we were handed presents so we could make a mess of wrapping paper. We screamed in sheer delight each time we found a present we wanted. It was all perfect, except that scream of joy did not come out of my mouth, not once!

       When we were all done tearing open our presents I looked down at my pile, trying to be grateful for the presents I had. I was determined not to act ungrateful and forced a smile onto my face. Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw my dad sneak into a closet and pull out an extra present. I looked in curiosity and as to my surprise, he handed it to me!

       I took the glistening, carefully wrapped package and weighed it in my hand. I decided it must have been something I had asked for since it had been given to me last. So I ferociously tore off the wrapping, to my utter surprise, it was a Nook Tablet!