Chapter: 1

Cass

My name is "Cassie." "Cass for short." when I was 16 my life ended. sorry I'm getting ahead of my self. it all started a few days before my sixteenth birthday. Dad who worked as a surgeon at a hospital in the next town had a few days off, I was coming home from school as I was sitting on the bus talking to cy and Sol. "cy moved in town a few years ago we've been friends ever since." As for me and Sol we've been friends since 1st grade. ("Sol is short for Solomon.") It was a normal day except the fact I was excited to get home, cause as soon as I get home we are going on a hike in the mountain's, mum packed lunches for when we get to the top, my brother jori is supposed to come too but ever since he turned eighteen he hasn't been around much on the count that he doesn't really get along with our parents, as I sat on the bus lost in thought on how I thought today was going to go I noticed that "James" was sitting a few rows up from me. "James is my high school crush." As I put all focus on him "Ricky Sally and Izy." who was sitting in the seats technically right beside me started laughing followed with the laugh Izy whispered "its never going to happen you may as well just give it up." ("Rick Sally and Izy." where the school bullies) and as you may have noticed at the time Izy liked James. As that was said I just ignored what they said cause who knows I might have a chance with him only the future could tell. it would help if I could get enough courage to actually talk to him. I tried a few times but I just ended up lost in words and stuttering "why does it half to be so hard?" As I sat their talking to my self in my thoughts I noticed how dense my facial expression actually was on the count that I looked at cy and Sol as they sat their staring at me weird I broke the stare "what?" I said "as Sol asked if I was okay he said I looked like I was in the days." "yes I'm fine would you guys please stop staring at me weird." Okay as they looked away the weird stair was gone, a few moments later "cy whispered what where you thinking about?" "Nothing it wasn't important." "Are you sure? You know you can talk to me about anything right?" "Yes I know but it was honestly nothing." "Okay he said as he terned and started talking to Sol." I looked up at James and noticed "he glanced at me it has to mean something right?" As I sat their in hopes of me ever having a chance with him I decided it was time, I was actually going to go up a few seats and talk to him, I started going up the seats slowly and quietly until I reached the seat behind him. Cy and Sol stared at each other weird, "what is she doing?" Sol asked as cy replied "I don't know." I slowly and nervously tapped on his shoulder. Sol whispered "Cy she's actually going to do it she's going to talk to him."