Belle: are you kidding me?

'what were you and Luke arguing about?' I ask when I pull Sophia away from the boys.

'he's an asshole! you know how I love running right? so yesterday, I decided to let this whole nerd attitude go for once and I had to run with Luke. guess wat? I won and he told everyone I cheated. that a nerd could never win from a jock like him without cheating!'

I listen silently to her story. 'you just dropped the nerd attitude? what does that even mean' I ask with a frown. ofcourse Sophia was smart and yeah she doesn't brag about her being athletic, but she's not that much of a nerd. she dresses pretty normal and she isn't socially akward or anything.

'I wore some shorts and a thight shirt for gym' she states seriously.

I start laughing. 'are you kidding me? that's what you call stop being a nerd? wearing shorts?' I can't stop laughing and Sophia's face turns red.

'that's not the point. the point is that he told everyone I cheated and everyone believed him!'

'I'm sure he has a reason for it. you know guys and their ego's right? maybe he likes you, but doesn't want to admit it'

Sophia scowls. 'I'd rather die, but thanks. anyway, talking about admitting stuff, why did you and that stupid best friend of my enemy walk in together?'

'JJ isn't stupid. turns out he was the best friend I was looking for. we made up' when I see Sophia's face I add 'but I'm not forgiving him that easily for the years that he bullied me'

'you're smart enough to make your own choices. as long as I don't have to socialise with that jerk!'

I smirk at her comment. 'oh no, what is it?'

'they're sitting at our table at lunch'

'nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo' she exclaims. I see Luke and JJ look weird at her and I shrug as a reply.

JJ winks at me before returning to his conversation.

***

'so...' Sophia says.

'so....' Luke replies.

JJ and I are just watching them and let's say we are very amused.

'are you going to apologize?'

'why would I?'

'because you lied'

'who said I lied?'

'I do'

'how do you know'

'I'm the one you lied about'

'do you have proof?'

'no, but...'

'see! I didn't do anything wrong'

they're just going back and forth the whole time.

'you admitted it this morning' Jake suddenly says and their heads snap our way.

'don't make it worse!' I whisper to him. luckily they go back to their conversation without saying anything.

'can't you see?' JJ says and I frown. 'they're made for each other!'

'are you really acting like a crazy fangirl?' I smirk.

'oh come on! say you see it too! why would Sophia miraculously start showing her body when she has to run against Luke? and come on, Luke has never cared about anyone and he surely doesn't care about gym. why would he care now? I'll tell you: he wants her attention'

I can't say a word after his explanation and just look at our two friends. maybe he's right?

'we can play cupid!'