Chapter 8

WARNING: This chapter takes about 30 minutes to read (for average readers) and contains occasional language. If you have any complaints then please post in the comments and I will answer to your complaint, comment, or question. Thank you and enjoy the chapter!

I finished my breakfast and waited for Mr.Snail to finish eating his food.

"Geez, can you eat any slower?! God!" I dropped my head into my arms on the table.

"Why yes I can. Want me to?" he joked.

"Seriously! I have things I want to do! And if you're going to come with me you're going to have to eat faster!"

"I never said I wanted to go with you! I can if you want, that is, if you don't want to get lost." he smirked and started eating faster.

After a few more bites he finished his food and we dumped our trays then headed towards the roof. He showed me the roof of the building which had a wonderful view. Mountains trees, a field of flowers and a small town about 10 miles away.

I have never been this high up so I had no idea how much it would scare me. I stepped onto the ledge and sat down. Letting my legs hang over the edge. Laurence joined me.

"Beautiful huh?" I ask while staring off at the small town as little tiny ant like people moved around.

"Yeah. It really is." he said in a defeated but lovely way. I looked over at him. He was looking at me then smiled. I smiled back. Then he turned red and got up fast and jumped back to the cement ground of the building. He started heading for the door to leave.

"Wait! What happened? I thought we were having a good friend like moment. I have never had a friend so I liked it...." I stood up and held out my hand towards him to wait.

"Um yeah. We are friends.... Something weird came into my mind, that's all. Sorry. Anyways, we should get going." he waved his hand to get me to come. I giggled a little then shook my head no.

"Nope. I am staying here until you tell me! You have to tell me what's wrong. As your friend I have to know to make you feel better!" I started laughing because I sounded annoying. I started losing my balance from laughing while I was still on the edge.

"We need to g-PENELOPE!" he started running over to me. I about fell over when I felt someone grab my hand and pull me sharply towards the roof floor. I fell over on top of them, and when I looked up I realized that I was on Laurence.

"Rg... Ow.... Penelope... You okay?" He opened his eyes while rubbing the back of his head.

"Uh y-yeah... A-Are you okay? You hit your head because of me. I'm really sorry." I rolled off of him with a extremely red face then stood up and looked away from him.

"I'm fine. I think you hit your face on something too because it's really red.... Oh wait... ohhh.... Nevermind... sorry..." he got up and we left the building.

Both of us were red as a tomato. And it was pretty awkward on the way down so we just didn't talk. I didn't like the awkwardness between us so I broke the silence.

"Oh my gooooooooood! I need fooooooood!" I complained and started walking towards the cafeteria.

"Same. I am starving. I could use some Pain Reliever too for my head... And your welcome by the way! I just saved your life! You owe me big time. You should really be more careful! You almost died!" he looked worried then a little happy.

"Yeah. Thank you. Sorry I shouldn't have gotten up there. I should just.... Be a better student and only do as I'm told. And I was never told to end my life so...." I shrugged my shoulders and went to get food.