My Last Summer

"Two months baby girl, your estimated end will be in two months."

That's what the doctor said to me.

It was almost the end of March.

The breeze outside is really warm.

I can see the dry leaves falling from the trees outside my room in this hospital.

I look to the mirror and see myself.

Ireally look like my mom but my brown hair is really messy.

I look somewhat like Jourdan Miller.

I don't want to die. I am really scared.

My name is Jane Peterson. I am currently sixteen years of age and am in Senior High, or atleast I was, before this sickness came into my life.

What sickness you ask? It's called Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.

Easy explanation: It degenerates your upper and lower motor neurons.

Which means moving won't be that easy for me.

I don't know why or how the disease was triggered, all I know is that I got it through genes.

My Grams and Mom also had this disease, before they passed away.

...maybe i'd have to end the way they did.

On second thought maybe not.

I choose to enjoy every passing second of movement, of life.

"Fighting this would be useless", i thought, "because I have only one way to go, and the endings of this sickness are always the same." Family cries and other stuff that comes with death.

Father would be left with my younger brother Jeremy.

Maybe his life would be easier cause he wouldn't have to worry about me anymore.

Oh Jenna! How am I going to tell Jenna? I'm sure she'll cry for decades if she already knew but I guess I still must tell her, what are bestfriends for right?

And how about Matt? Matty is my boyfriend.

I've had a crush on him since we were graders and he noticed me just during freshman year.

I don't know how he's gonna take this, how he's gonna react to this. But whatever he says i'll always love him.

I'll miss them. All of them.

Just when I was thinking about them, they all entered my room.

Jeremy, together with Dad, had flowers that he brought for me.

He said "I picked these for you!" with a really cute smile on his face.

My brother is sooo cute, he still has baby fat which makes him really adorable. He is just seven years old and is already in Grade 2. He does well at school and I'm really proud of him.

Well enough of Jeremy, my dad's name is Will, he is  31 years old, 6'2 in height, has a mustache, and is really cool.

They're my biological family.

Now on to my non-blood related family.

Jenna brought me apples in a basket! She brought really red and large apples!

"Gosh! You know me really well Jen!" I told her.

"Of course! I'm your bestfriend right?" she replied then hugged me.

Matt brought me Chocolates.

I would've been fine if he brought nothing cause his mere presence is already a lot to thank for.