the lunch

CHAPTER 4
Both Ana and Christian ate their lunch in silent, which was rather surprising as their minds were storming with questions.
Take Christian, for example, the questions buzzing in his head were far more greater that he had thought as he failed countlessly to stop them. It's those damn blue eyes he got himself staring at as they are a reminder to someone whom he had a splendid night week with.
Anastasia Steele's eyes were vivid, spicing up her beauty. He couldn't resist, and which man wouldn't as he continued to ogle her. Christian never felt ashamed and if she wasn't his employee, he wouldn't mind fucking her right there and then. He soon reminded himself that things don't always go your way.
Ana felt his eyes on her but she kept quiet. They were scrutinizing her as if in search of something but judging on his silence, whatever he is looking for is still unknown to him. Or maybe, just maybe, he might just surprise her with something she didn't quite expect. After all, Mr. Christian Grey is a perplexing man. That is just common knowledge.
She turned to study his office. It is amazing with a quite spectacular view. His office has that certain wow with it because of the shades of white and black that cover the room, and with it, it brings the feeling of misery that she could also detect to the man sitting opposite of her.
The portraits that dominate the walls close to the door, don't bring a pop of color that his office needs, and that might be the same with her boss as he has always been cold, even to his family as rumors say. To what make him sad, Ana is at a standstill as the answer is still unknown to her.
"Ms. Steele," Christian articulated and as he was to continue, Ana interjected.
"Mr. Grey please don't fire me," she said rushing her words.
Christian looked at her surprised with amusement not very far. "Why would I, or are you also the bad guy," he said.
"Do you see me as one?"
"No." They both looked at each other, seconds ticking by in silence. Ana broke the silence with a giggle which raised Christian's eyebrow. It was not terrible to hear, it was a lovely sound to hear.
"What is it," Christian said coolly, as if he was unaffected by her giggle.
"I'm sorry. This is just so awkward. May I ask, what is really your agenda?"
"If I say I don't know what will you do?" he asked with a genuine smile.
"It depends with you. After all, you are the boss." they both laughed. To Ana it didn't mean as much other than the fact that she was not getting fired, but to Christian it meant the world to be with her for some reason because some way or another he felt genuinely happy since in what fills like forever. He didn't have to fake it, and that is what made him happy.
It's sad to think that happiness alone can't defrost the ice in him. What could he really need? Shocking it may seem, this is the first time he has asked himself that question and the twenty-eight years of his life. So what should he do?
*#*#*#
Ana stares at the papers in front of her in shock. For ratting out John Cooper, she received something that she didn't quite expect to get in return.
A new car and a hefty bonus that is four months of her salary she quickly calculated. She doesn't need this. She got the appreciation for the job well done, but this, this is called taking it overboard!
She lay her head on her desk, banging her head softly to release the tension in her head. She was beyond irritated, and angry fits the category very well.
She thought of storming into Mr. Grey's office and reject his gift to her, and if he refuses then she will have to work hard not punish her boss with anything in arms reach, and she is not very far from doing that to some of her work colleagues.
For the past our since from returning from her lunch with her boss, some of her work colleagues have been investigating her by peeking inside her cubicle to even questioning her, and that irritates her more as they even forget to say hello.
She sighed, her head still on the table closing her eyes. A hand rubbed her back in soothing circles, signaling that her friend, Eva is with her.
"Are you okay?" Eva questioned in her country voice. She was from the outskirts of a major city here in the USA but if you look at her, you would say she is a city girl- born, raised and still living in the big city. After all seeing is not always believing.
"Can you guess?" Ana muttered tiredly.
"You look like you have just woken up," she joked, earning a glare from Ana, making her to continue, "And still beautiful."
"Gee, thanks."
"So how was Mr. Hottie?" she asked with dreamy eyes.
"Do you mean the one that I want to kill?"
"I doubt it. By the way he is so hot, you will even forget what you were even going to do and even your name! So what did he do?"
"Thanks for the chat. I now know what to do to your dearest Mr. Hottie," Ana said rushing out to the elevators. "Oh, and Eva, you should have another nickname for him. That one sucks," she said with a wink as she entered the elevator.
Andrea immediately gave her the clearance to enter his office and Ana didn't waste a second as she quickly entered his office with confidence, her papers neatly tucked under her armpit.
Christian looked up from the emails he was reading to glare at the person who entered his office without knocking. His anger dissipated when he felt the familiar magnetic pull and saw the woman he hoped he could see again. Christian squirmed a little on his seat fearing the worst as her glare could easily make him to burst into flame.
And by her posture, he knew that this is not a friendly call. She looked fierce and radiated confidence and something he is quite familiar with that left him perplex. She looked like a dominant.
'Could she be a domme,' he thought to himself in disbelief.
Whether she is or not, it didn't matter now because all that stands out is that he is in shit. And it would be a lie to say that he is not afraid - even though a little....