Foreword

*PLEASE READ THIS!*

Hi guys!

Thank you so much for checking out my story 'Half Broken'. I just want to let you know a few things.

I'm 16 years old and I have been working a really long time on this story, so just know it's not perfect. There will be grammar mistakes. The plot may not be the best. And some characters may not be the best. You can have your own opinion on my story and let me know - please try to be kind. But I also want you to know that I'm actually quite proud of what I've written. Not because the story and plot is so amazing, but because I'm trying to send a message.

I'm trying to make people aware of a lot of issues in the world, which we try to avoid or overlook because we don't want to deal with them. Like depression (any mental health issues), racism, sexism, homophobia, equality, and so many other more things. In this book I try to make people aware of so many issues.

*THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME*
Since this book deals with depression a lot of people will have an opinion about that, which I completely understand, I am the same. And any feedback I will gladly read just try to be as kind as you can. The way I describe depression in this book isn't imagination, it's how I suffered from depression. A lot of thoughts Elice has are thoughts I had while going through my depression. So if you have something to say about it, please keep this in mind. Because I know if anyone will say something really mean about it, it will get to me. Hate and mean feedback is part of it, I get that. But depression how I experienced it is not something to be mean about, so please think before you say something.

The first few chapters are not the best - the whole book is not the best - but please bare with me and try to enjoy!

Love❤️